Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

advice please

i know most people on here worry about lo's not taking enough milk, but mine is the opposite, he took 30 oz milk over night last night, any advice on how to wean him off his night time feeds, and maybe even allow me a little sleep. he is on 3 meals a day with puddings and snacks, any advice welcome

Replies

• My LO is what I call a 'milk piggy' LOL. Loves his milk as well. A couple of days ago he started his day with an 11oz bottle, Had 2 huge meals (had a lie in til late morning so no brekie), puddings and snacks, and another 3 8oz bottles throughout the day.

He also has days like today when he only half eats his meals, and will only have 4 x 4-5oz bottles.

Im lucky in so far as LO has slept through since around 3 months, so no night feeds.

I believe he will eventually sort himself out with his milk intake and personally have no interest in trying to ween him off some of his milk. The screaming would do my head in LOL. Plus he will not drink water or juice and gets easily constipated, so will leave it to him.

I wouldnt worry anyway as some moms have problems getting their LOs to have any milk at all.
  • Blimey!! What milk does he drink hun? Could u put him on hungry baby milk? xx xx
  • Just to add Zacky has been on hungry baby milk since about 6 weeks old.
  • he is on hungry baby formula, and has been since 14 weeks, we tried water at night it worked for 2 nights then he started screaming again. Last night was better he only had 20 oz, roll on tonight i'm on a night shift so oh gets to cope with it. :lol: