Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Car Seats

Hi Ladies

Just after some advice...

We popped in kiddicare yesterday to look at the car seats as I don't think it will be long before Zac will need moving out of his baby one and OMG, the choice was unreal! How do you decide which one is best? Just wondered if any of you have got one yet (or obvioulsy those with older kids will for them of course!) and wonder what you got? how much did you pay? etc etc.... Are any of the junnies in the nest one already? If so how are they getting on?

Thanks
Amy x

Replies

• Hi Amy, we got the Britax first clss si. it is a group 0-1 so cameron has been in it since about 4 motnhs rearward facing and we have just turned it round to face forwards this morning as he is 20lb 10oz now.
    we went for britax cos we've heard some good things about britax being very safe. and it was on sale in mothercare about 4 months ago. best thing is to go on the websites ie britax, maxi cosy etc. find out which ones fit your car and pick from the reduced selection!
    xx
  • i bought a maxi cosy tobi for mai n it got ruined in 2 weeks my eldest son pulled the strap from the router n i had to send it back to maxi cosi didnt have the seat for six weeks n when i did hear from them they wanted 95 quid to fix it grrr id already paid 140 for the damned thing!!! id never get another. i got the fisher price one which was good although am looking at a britaz one this time which is around 65 pounds
  • hi hun we are gonna start looking at them soon as need it for Petes car - he will be taking Ashton to nursery when I go back to work. We are lucky as we have a shop called the baby shopr here and the guy is great. When I went in and spoke to him about which one to buy he said the best thing was to bring my car down and they would fit them all and see which one was the best fit as that matters more than the name or the price! xxxx
  • hiya

we also have the britax first class si, and got it from mothercare on sale (its on there now at 89.99 down from 129.99) its been used since he was born and hes very comfy in it!!!

we chose it because very few car seats fit into mazdas, but i think i would have gone for a britax anywayimage