Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08

advise needed.... single parent related x

hi girls,

im posting this here instead of single parents coz its just soooo quiet in there and just need some opinions.

well me and summers dad (kirk) split up when summer was about 6 months old, its been about 14 months now.

Anyway ive met someone else, really nice guy who is also a single parent, has 2 girls who live with him.

he's the complete opposite to kirk, a caring dad etc.

now he has already told his ex about me, and i wasnt planning on telling kirk until i was completly sure about this new guy.

He hasnt met summer yet and i havent met his girls, we both want to be completely sure about each other b4 we go down that road.

but as he has told his ex about me im kinda wondering if i should actually tell kirk, at what stage in a relationship should i tell kirk???

im so confused lol!

any advise would be very greatfully recieved xx

Replies

• I'm g/c from BIJ. I have absolutely no experience of this, but thought I could offer my opinion. I don't know if Kirk is seeing anyone. But he might feel a little threatened at the thought of another man in Summer's life. You should probably tell him, in case he found out from someone else. Eg. a mutual friend who happened to see you or something. If you make sure he is secure in the fact that the new guy, isn't trying to take the place of him. That you hope he will find someone soon, that sort of thing, hopefully telling him will go smoothly. HTH. xx
  • thanks for the advice hun, but im starting to think that this guy isnt who i thought he was, never mind xx