Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello.....

Hoping we can all catch up on here as sooo many posts all over the place I am struggling to keep up!!

I had Mason James Atkins on 12th June at 2215 weighing 8lb 1oz, very quick labour but was in hospital for 3 days as Mason pood in me and I lost a lot of blood and had 2nd degree tear.

Hope to hear from all you June mummies soon as I miss you all!!!

Katie and Mason.x x x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Katie
    Happy to join you hear
    not sure if like me though you get about 5 mins every other day to log on here and see what's happening!!!! Where do the days go?

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a rough time, hope you are healing well and you and mason are doing fine.

Well Libby Lauren Jaye was born 14th June at 18.53 weighing 8lb 1oz a week late by emergency c-section.

Em and Libby xxx
  • Options
    Hi all, my god i barely get 5 mins to myself now with Robbie bein a terror at school n pushin me at home n my baby girl to take care of. Caitlin Erin Gibson was born 19th June at 22.34 weighing 7lb 14oz. She is now 7lb 5oz, breastfeeding her n tbh finding it tough to get her to feed properly, the glam parts of being a mum hey lol, cracked nipples n possible engorement, typical. I was induced after days in hospital n reduced movements, what an experience, breakin waters twice n they stratched her head by doing that, then had to put a trace thing on her head as heart beat was irregular. Then i started to bleed, got a gown on to go into theatre, but didnt thankfully. Drip made her go into distress n then my contractions were so fast i cudnt breathe properly gas n air n pethidine only took edge off it, after 4 hours she came into the world cried n then stopped breathin then got her breathin after just under 2 mins which felt like a life time, i just cried n cried n so did her daddy. She is fine though n i cant believe how beautiful she is. Hope everyones bundles of joy r doing ok. Take care Tracey n Caitlin x
  • Options
    Hi girls...so nice to hear from you all.....A huge congratulations to each one of you and your new arrivals...

So sorry to hear you had such a hard time Tracey...bet she is worth it tho!!!

LOL Sarah at your greeting to the aniethatist (spelling?)

Glitterstargirl is Sienna home now?? Hope she is doing well...

Em, Libby and Mason weighed the same...he lost 9oz the first week but got weighed today and is 8lb so he has nearly reached his birth weight again....

How is the feeding going girls??

Mason is a guzzler...We have had to put him on hungry baby milk today as he was on 4oz every 1-2 hours in the day!!!!
    Fingers crossed this works!!!

Katie and Mason.x x x
  • Options
    Hi girls, glad you started this Katie as I was getting lost trying to catch up with everyone on the pregnancy page. Well baby Ashton is here, I have posted by birht story in the pregnancy forum if anyone wants to read it. It was hard work but so worth it. Love being a mummy although I am very sore and tired. Glad everyone else is doing ok, especially Sienna and I hope she will be home soon too! Tammi & Ashton xxx
  • Options
    hiya guys thought i would pop on to see where i was gonna post once cecil comes out, yeh still no signs only 1 day overdue which might seem nothing 2 some people but its rubbish playing the waiting game. sounds like a few of you had a tough time giving birth but im sure it was all worth it. im sure to see you on here properly very soon xxx
  • Options
    oh yey!! its so good to see this page!! i really missed chatting to u all!!

elaine and baby no name xxxxxx
  • Options
    hello everyone!!

great to find out what is happening with everyone, looks like boy flavour is popular with us!!

Finally 11 days late at 3.30am on the morning of my 1st wedding annivsary my water went, after showering and blow drying my hair ( what a waste of time!!) I went to hospital. I was barely 1cm dilated and they would have sent me home except I have group B strep, so finally at 10am they gave me a pessary to induce me, they checked me at 4pm that day and nothing had happened, so they gave me a second one.

Finally around 7-8pm I started to get contractions, I had at this point been in the same assessment room all day strapped to a heart monitor. Not exactly how I planned to spend my wedding ann..!

At 11pm that night when I was in a lot of pain they gave me diamorphine, and sent my husband home! I was admitted to the ward, where I was sick all night long....it was horrific.

Finally at 5am they said they would take me to the labour ward, I got there at 6am and they hooked me up to syntocin drip, which they turned up every half hour. At 10am I was 4cm so they tried to give me Epiudural,but the doc could not get it in, and brought in a consultant, who tried to was also unable to get it to work, at this point I didn't know how I would carry on. I had a bit more diamorphine and tried to cope with the pain.

Around 12 noon I was ready to push, but after an hour and a half of pushing my contractions stopped!! They were talking about a c section, or forceps but after another hour I managed to push him out myself. I did suffer a lot of tearing, but I am glad I avoided a section! So finally 37 hours after my waters went Samuel David Joseph arrived at 3.02pm weighing only 6.11lb.

He is fantastic, I am sooooooooooooo tired but I amenjoying being a mummy. I don't get chance to come on here that often, but its great to hear from all your ladies!!

Lots of love
    chloe x
  • Options
    Hi everyone!!!

I had Tommy by elective section on Tuesday 10th June at 12.49pm. He weighed in at 8lb exactely. I came home on the Thursday and turned into neurotic mum!! I never did this with my previous 2 but I went absolutely mad this time lol

Anyway, we have settled down now and things are much better. A couple of weeks ago though I was convinced my war wound was infected - turned out I had group b strep in it! Had no idea this could happen but after a course of penicillin am now much better! Did get obsessive watching to make sure Tommy hadnt caught anything though.

Am so glad to have found where everyone had got to as had no internet for 5 wks and couldnt find everyones up-to-date details!

• Options
    hi ladies congets to all, luca arrived on june 1st after 4days of trying to get labour started countless dosses of prostin and a failed epidural but was well worth it am so in love with him xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, I was originally a june mummy with a due date of 30th June, then my 12wk scan moved me back to 2nd July, but Baby Sophie Michelle Johnson was born by elective section on 26th June at 11.27am weighing a huge 8lb 14oz (not bad considering she was one week early).

She's now eight days old and im still getting used to the idea of having a little girl, coz i was so sure that i was carrying a boy. Glad to hear everyone is doing well with their new little arrivals. Kerry and Sophie xxx
  • Options
    my lil man was born on 19th june (still got no name) after a 3hr induced labour. he is doing gr8 and settling in well with my other 2 boys james - 2 yrs 8 months and isaac-elijah - 18 months.

spk to u all soon

elaine and boys xx
  • Options
    Hi all, my lil girlie was due on 4th July but came 5 days early on 29th June - (I was soo impatient waiting to meet her) she was super speedy and only took 10 mins - bit of a shock only just made it to hospital round the corner in time. Her two big brothers love her and are being good boys. Love dressing her in her little pink outfits (sooo used to boys). She's a cutie. Going to stop at 3 now LOL!

Glad everyone one is doing well - many congrats to all and enjoy your new bundles. Keep us posted in the future how you're all getting on...

Chelle and Katie Mia (6 days old)

xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Really nice to hear that some of us had easy labours! 30 hours with Ashton , but I would do it all again. Hopefully though next time I will be one of the lucky ones and have a quick labour. Ashton is doing really well, slept last night from 8pm to 8.30am only waking at 12 and 5 for a 15 minute feed. Although he did wee all over the bed while i was changing his nappy, lol. Didn't relise that boys could wee so far!!! I am loving being a mummy although still really sore, from my stiches which have split so on pain killers and antibiotics but hoepfully they will heal soon.
    Lee - nice to see you back!
    Tammi & Ashton xxx

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10758;28/st/20080625/n/Ashton/dt/5/k/02f2/age.png

• Options
    Hi everyone.

Behany is noe 3 weeks and 3 days old still not sleeping well she is up until about 2-3am eventually settles then wakes every 2-3 hours for feed
    she sleeps so well during the day - think she is goin g to be a party girl or have a job working nights ha ha.

is sukib about would love to hear your story of you little baby as i know we have gone through losing a baby last year.

hope you are all well

going to catch up on some sleep while its peaceful zzzzzzz

Ann

• Options
    Hello all! Don't strictly belong here as Barney waited until 1st July to put in a very speedy appearance 12 mins after we arrived at the birth centre! Think boys must just be chilled out Tammi, Barney is also being very good, wakes for feeds at night and then goes straight back to sleep when he is finished. I know what you mean about them weeing as well. Barney has already managed to wee all over both me and his dad.
    Will try and get some pictures on soon, hope every body is enjoying their new arrivals and its good to see you back Lee!
    Kerry xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies, good idea Katie we should def all keep in touch on this forum!

I went into labour 4 days late, after a sweep the day before. Laboured for 18 hours and reached 10cm with an epidural (turned out that baby was back to back which caused immense pains in my back and bottom) then things took a bad turn and he just wasn't descending. so they tried forceps then took me in for a section. It took aaaggggeees as he was stuck. When Cameron Paul finally popped out at 8.25pm on the 22nd he wasnt breathing and they where going to take him to special care but he was right as rain after a few mins!!! It was traumatic, waiting for his first cry was torture!! but i'd do it all again tomorrow for him!!

Kerry, Cam actually managed to pee in his own mouth the other day! it was hilarious!!! had to feed him straight after cos i felt sorry for him having that taste in his mouth!! haha

x x

• Options
    Nice to hear everyone getting on so well.

Zac Taylor arrived exactly one week late on 26th June at 4.12pm weighing a healthy 8lb 2oz and had to be delivered by ventouse in the end as I was pushing him out for three hours and getting nowhere fast - my contractions slowed down once i was fully dilated and to add to it I was exhausted and doped up on pethidine!! He had his arm up by his shoulder on the way out too which gave me a 3rd degree tear! So all in all a pretty awful birth, I am still quite tender and sore but getting there! It was worth it though as i am 1000% smitten with my gorgeous little boy!

Amy Lou & Zac

xxx
  • Options
    Hi All & a big congrats...we all finally made it!
    Well, Dylan Thomas arrived eventually on 30th June at 2.38am weighing 8lbs exactly.
    Not the easiest thing i've ever done....went into early stages of labour on Fri 27th with contractions becoming gradually stonger & closer together. The hospital "sent me away" on the Saturday saying baby would not come for at least another week! But we went back on the Sunday...was hooked up to monitors as my blood pressure rocketed! I was put on a drip as i couldn't eat anything! Had the full works - gas & air, pethadine & an epidural (which helped my bp)! Ended up pushing for well over an hour, before the doctor & midwife decided to help Dylan along with forceps & an episisotomy (ouch)!
    Stayed in hospital til the Weds night coz Dylan had pooed inside me & my high bp!
    Was v v v v glad to get home & have been overwhelmed with it all!
    Here's to all the June Babies....a lifetime of health & happiness xxxx
    Sarah xx
  • Options
    Good idea Katie - I was missing all the Junies (and almost Junies)!

I had Reiss by ecs on 4th June, he weighed in at 7lbs 15oz, my biggest baby yet. He is absolutely edible but is being a pain overnight, waking every 1.5-2hours from 2.30ish onwards so I'm like the walking dead.

I'm bf'ing him and finding it hard going, but love doing it - must have had virtually every problem going apart from mastitis (please god, never!)

I'm with you Lee - have become absolutely neurotic with this one - I know why but I'm trying to calm myself down as it's not healthy for lo (for those that don't know I lost my 16yr old dd 3.5 years ago).

Off to feed lo again now!xx
  • Options
    Hi all, haven't posted anything for ages, although I have kept up to date with everyones news!

Olly Jack Esmond was born on the 22nd June at 9.27pm, weighing 6lbs 13oz. The labour was very traumatic for both me and him and I think that I have only just got over it 3 weeks later! I will tell my story as think it may help my mental state.

I went into hospital on the 21st as I was worried that he was not moving very much. Ended up being admitted as his head had moved out of my pelvis and was transverse. Was just getting to sleep (10pm) when I felt a pop and my waters broke. The little bugger had moved back to being head down! The midwife put me on a monitor and I was having contractions every 2 mins for 40 seconds, although not that strongly to begin with. I called my husband at 2am for him to come in as didn't want him to miss out on the pain I was in! Started on gas and air at 4am as pain was getting bad.
    At 6.30am I was transferred to the birthing suite where I was hoping to get into the pool for a water birth. I was only 2cm, so told to walk around, etc.
    4 hours later was only 4cm, still coping well on just gas and air...
    4 hours later was only 6cm and had enough of the pain, so decided to go up onto the delivery suite for an epidural to be pain free, or so I thought!
    Got up to delivery suite and when examined 20 mins later was 9.5cm dilated and wanting to push! Anaethatist attempted an epidural and after 20 mins was still in the same pain, so he tried to re-site it with no luck! Had a realisation that had to do the rest with no more pain relief, gas and air wasn't really doing anything by then.
    I was pushing for 2 hours and as the contractions were still only 40 secs long, couldn't quite push enough, so had an episiotomy as my blood pressure was going through the roof and nearly fainted on several occasions.
    After one more push Olly arrived, after 23 hours! Very relieved!

Had to stay in hospital for 4 days as Olly was jaundice and ended up discharging myself against doctors advice as my bp was still slighly high.

Anyway feel much better at home and am now coping well, my husband is now home for the summer as he is a teacher, so he can share some of the changing feeding, etc.
    Anyone else had enough of breast feeding? I have today as he had fed every 2 hours today and my boobs are V. sore!

Sorry for the length of this story, feel much better now!

Julia