Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby Swimming

Just wondered if anyone has considered/considering a baby swimming class with there lo???

I am looking into a class locally to me and its ??45 for 6 weeks - next term starts in Sept and Zac will be almost 10 weeks by then (they say they can do it from 6 weeks old) not sure if he's too young or not...

Also he hates having a bath at mo so this will be like one big bath to him! Is that bad or could it help him enjoy his bath more!?!?

Amy x

Replies

• Options
    Hi there, I am considering taking Ashton swimming and have been told by my health visitor and midwife that the early you take them the better. We are just waiting to find out when our classes start.
    As for having a bath that is more enjoyable, have you tried taking Zac in with you? Ashton screamed through 2 baths before I took him in with me and since then he has been fine, even when I bath him in his baby bath. By taking Zac in with you, you can hold him closer to you and reassure him that he is fine. Also find that talking and singing to Ashton helps. Hope that helps. Tammi & Ashton xxx
  • Options
    i took my daughter to water babies where they duck under water, was very expensive worked out a bout ??10.20 a class! for 10 wks, but found some wks i didnt wanna go or my daughter wasnt in the mood but went anyway cause i paid! since then i found the local baths do mums and tots each wk and normally the same pl go each wk so u get used 2 seeing the same pl and if you dont fancy it 1 wk yo dont have to go and much cheaper 2 xxx
  • Options
    Tammi - Just wanted to say that that tip you gave about having a bath with Zac worked a treat - he came in with me last night and didn't cry at all... we splished and splashed and he had water on his head and face and didn't mind at all! So thanks!

xx

• Options
    Hi Amy, pleased that it worked!!! Ashton loves having a bath now and the deeper the better. We are starting swimming on the 27th Aug and can't wait. Classes are ??3.70 each so not bad considering what some people are paying for theirs.
    Have you found any swim nappies though? As I can't seem to find any that would fit Ashton. Tammi & Ashton xxx
  • Options

No - I had to buy the Small size Huggies Little swimmers (start at 16lbs)as not many shops near me stocked them at all let alone the XS ones...

But i have also ordered a happy nappy of the internet as a friend of mine suggested them, especially when the actual nappy is slightly big as the happy nappy is tight and so helps keep it all in place...

Have ordered a wetsuit too to keep him warm in the water... looks so cute!

www.funswimshop.co.uk worked out the best value....

xxx