Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08

Heya everyone advice needed:)

Hi everyone,

Luca had a terrible night last night, hes got a cold and its really affecting his throat and nose he's all blocked up.

Hes so stuffy he was in and out of sleep every few minutes until four this morning

I asked health visitor yesterday and tried both her suggestions boiling water with karvol in his room to help him breathe easy and raising his head but it didn't seem to help much.

Any advice is appreciated greatlyimage

Replies

• Its diddicult and really horrible isn;t it?

I prop one end of his cot up (head end) on books and use sea water spray to unblock his nose when its really bad. Its great stuff and makes him sneeze aswell which clears more gunk out!

Hugs to poor Lucaxx
  • I know you just feel so helpless lol and tired, my partner kept waking up last night and when i knocked him on getting back into bed about three he moaned so i said he shouldn't be on my side of the bed and he said he was there for moral support aghhhhh men and there moral support

thanks karen just had a look on boots website and that sea water spray sounds greatimage
  • when zac was blocked up and stryggling at nights we put karvol on a teddy in his cot and he had snuffle babe on his chest and we put saline drops up his nose to clear it before digging out the bogeys with a cotton bud - its gross! lol... really helped though...

xx
  • when zac was blocked up and stryggling at nights we put karvol on a teddy in his cot and he had snuffle babe on his chest and we put saline drops up his nose to clear it before digging out the bogeys with a cotton bud - its gross! lol... really helped though...

xx
  • Another thing which might help just before bed is to run the shower in the bathroom on really hot and shut the door and sit with baby in the bathroom for a few minutes - the steam seems to really help clear them out.