Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08

help with sleep please

hi

Alex has never been a good sleeper, but i thought we were starting to win, and for the last 2 weeks he has only been waking at 2 and 5. then suddenly the night before last he work every 2 hours again and last night woke up every 45 mins, he still doesnt have teeth, so thought maybe it was teething, but nothing has settled him, today he is still really moany, any ideas would be gratefully recieved, one very tired mummy.
ps working a night shift tonight so even less sleep, wil this get easier.

Replies

• Aw hun that sounds awful. Its does sound like ur lil man is teething and theres not much u can do other than put teething gel on and dose up on calpol. Is he waking up 4 milk or just waking up, if hes hungary mayb try making sure hes eating and drinking plenty thruout the day and then giving him a big bottle b4 bed, thats wat i do with Sophie and she tends to sleep alrite (unless teeth r bugging her). Sorry not got any other suggestions only to say that it wnt last foreva and sleepless nites will soon be forgotten wen he settles dwn, gud luck, Kerry xxx
  • there are alot of Junnie babie (and mummies) having sleepless nights at the mo.

Tyler has *touch wood* started going through.

What time do you put him down?
    I used to put Tyler down at 7 and he would wake twice but I moved his bedtime to 8.30 and that helped (you can always bring it forward when hes older)

how many naps does Alex have? Could you cut one out?
    How much does he eat? could you add another small meal to his day?

If not you'll just have to wait for those toothypegs to come through.

Hope things get better soon hun *big hugs*

Elaine & boys xx xx
  • as quickly as he started waking up he is now sleeping again, still 1 or 2 wake ups a night, but can cope with that.
    he only has 2 45 min sleeps a day, and eating 3 meals a day with puddings and 2 snacks, but appears to have lost a pound since his 8 month check, maybe time to visit the hv and check on her scales.

long may sleeping continue image
  • glad he's sleeping again, caitlin is like this, but now sleeps 10-5.30am except when ill