Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

OMG I'm a shit mum....

Crrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

While telling Sam off this morning Mason fell off the sofa....we have a really low sofa and he fell onto the rug not the wooden flooring thankgod........He screamed for 2 mins and I was checking him all over frantically and no bruises or lumps as of yet...He was smiling away and laughing within 5 mins but I feel absolutley dreadful, crying as I type...May sound melodramtic but had a really abusive childhood from my mother and promised myself I would never let Mason get hurt..........

Typing this has calmed me down and I know I'm prob being OTT.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Sweet, firstly breathe!

You haven't abused him in anyway honey. It was an accident and he's going to have plenty of those during his lifetime! Some there will be times where you could have done more to stop things happening, some where there is nothing you could have done!

The other week I was carrying Reiss in his bouncer that has no straps. He was laid back in it and I was moving him to another part of the room, as I picked him up my hair fell forward and as I flicked it back, Reiss fell out of this chair onto our wooden floor on his head. I cried and cried as that was CAUSED by me! Reiss luckily more slid across the floor rather than landed straight onto his head, but he cried through shock mainly I think. So if you're a crap mum, I'm doubly one!!!!

We can share the 'careless' mum award this week, but not the 'bad' mum award ok?!

Hugs to you babesxx
  • katie,

your not a bad mum these thing will happen i cant count the amount of times summer has banged her head on either me or the floor or kirk etc, just this morning i accidently dropped my camera on her and she cried alot but as soon as she calmed down she was all smiles again.
    so dont worry mason is fine xxxx

big kisses from summer xxx
  • THANKYOU GIRLS.....

Have calmed down now and Mason has been fine all day....I
    'm such a bloody drama queen!!!
    All your messages were really kind, thankyou.xxxxxxx
  • Try not to worry hun, it was an accident & he is fine. The other day I was playing with Gabe rolling him over & his head went whack! on the floor - ow! I felt awful. He was fine though xx also banged his head on the doorframe when he was 4 weeks old! Poor Gabe x
  • LOL tigerlily - so desperate to get him to roll!!!! I'm so kak handed my kids are little toughies though!xx
  • Aww, glad you're feeling calmer hun. Like the others have said it is in no way your fault. Me and hubby have both had an incident with Riley and I know you just feel awful, but have been told there will probably be loads and that I should toughen up! My friends LO took a dive out of his car seat in the changing rooms at the swimming pool as he wasnt strapped in, and she was very upset and felt terrible. The nurse at the walk in centre just laughed at her and said "I take it he's your first?" Lol.

xxx
  • oh babe ur not a bad mum. My boys have had untold accidents. Babies dont tense up when they fall thats why you rarely hear of babies with broken bones. Hope you're both feeling better. hugs and kisses to you all xx xx
  • It does get easier hon I promise!

I whacked poor Ollie round the shoulder playing tennis on the Wii and along with the guilt I laughed!

Glad hes been fine all day and no way at all are you a bad mum
    xxxxx
  • LOL Lee - your poor Ollie! I'm always doing things to Jules - the other day he had hold of my old digital camera as he was taking piccies with it. I thought he was going to drop it so put out my hand to grab it but managed to dig my nails into his arm by mistake! He's still banging on about it how many days later. He's probably told his teachers aswell knowing him!xx
  • lol Karen! 'banging on about it!' lol x
  • don't worry katie - it happens to us all...I was in a baby changing room in a shop when i picked Braedon up and facing forwards, held him up to the mirror to see himself. At this point he decided to flop forward and head-butted the mirror really hard - i was mortified! The worst thing was that Madi witnessed this and still enjoys telling everyone we meet about the time that mummy whacked Braedons head on the mirror! Braedon was fine though! x
  • Thankyou sooo much girls for making me feel soo much better the other day. GOd I sounded like a right drama queen but was having the shitiest day as it was before Mason fell so was a tad fragile.
    Back to ones dippy self now.xxxxx