Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tylers been in hospital

As u know, alot of babies have mucus in their airways when they are born and grow out of it. but tyler never has and some days/nights he has it so bad that he struggles to breath/swallow, it also makes him really sick. Sunday afternoon he had it so bad he hadnt taken a bottle for 9 hrs and was crying with hunger as he wanted to feed but couldnt and he was rattling like u wouldnt believe. it was scarey. I took him up to the hospital where they gave him a spacer and inhaler. We came home last night and he seems much improved already The Doc said that they cant diagnose astma in small babies but could possibly have this so not to be suprised if he is diagnosed with it in the future. Although the other Doc said his lungs were completely clear and the mucus is in th bk of his throat! But all i know is that he is happier and taking his milk again so for now, its all good!!

Elaie and boys xx

Replies

• Options
    Bless him hope he is feeling better soon

Cazz
  • Options
    Glad he is feeling better it must have been horrible for u and him. I was in and out of hospital with Rhys coz of chest problems and he had a number of week long stays where they were pumping him full of steriods, giving him a nebuliser and inhalers every hour. But they to wudnt diagnose him with astma and they still wnt now and he is 2. He's loads better now tho and its really under control, he has a brown inhaler morning and night.

U'll prob find that drinking milk does make it worse for him, it was a god send when Rhys was eating proper meals and didnt have to rely on milk coz it just wasnt helping his chest at all. Gud luck hun xxx
  • Options
    Oh babes, sorry to hear that! Glad everything is ok, must have been a big worry for you!!! Give him a big kiss & cuddle from me & Ashton xxxx
  • Options
    so sorry to hear tyler is poorly - hope he is better soon - poor little man

Love Amy & Zac xxx