Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help with runny tummy??

Luca ( nearly 11 months) has had a runny tummy since friday morning!! sorry if tmi (or your having an indian tonight) with chicken korma poops very watery and runny.

i phoned the docs yesterday for an appointment to get some advice couldn't get one, but she phoned me and said he could still eat anything he wanted (make it bland at first) and it should go away in its own time.

The thing is when i mentioned he constantly threw up his milk/food could it be connected she didn't bat an eyelid, whereas the health visitor said it might be a concern and keep an eye on it aghhh should i take him to doc over the throwing up.

The prob is i dont know how normal it is for babies or how much they should still be bringing up.

Replies

• Zac was like this a few weeks ago and had a virus, I saw the doc and they tested his stool to check what type of virus it was but it was identfied as a 'normal virus' so i was just advised to give him calpol, lost of fluids and diaralyte (sp) which is a powder you mix with water and it replaces salts and sugars lost throught the diarhea... i got some in tesco.

I cut his food right down to dry toast/plain sandwiches etc as he had very little appetite anyway... i still gave him milk am and pm but reduced the amount until he was better.

During this time he cut two top teeth. Then last week we had it all again (altho not quite as bad) so i did all the same things and he got over it in a few days and yet again another tooth was the result!

I'm no doctor but sounds like a bug to me, take him to docs if you want re assurance.

Either way just keep his fluids up, don't worry too much about milk and solid food as he seems to be throwing it up anyway!

Hope he feels better soon.

xx
  • yeah i might take him to doctors tomorrow, just because hes been so fussy with his evening meal the past week and the past couple of days he hasnt been drinking much!! today i couldnt get him to take more then two sips from his cup. poor ickle man, he seems quite happy in himself just a lil bit more clingy!!