Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bottle or beaker?

is your Junie drinking from bottles or cups/beakers?

Tyler is still on bottles - he hates cups. Iv had the same problem with the other 2!

xx

Replies

• Options
    Don't worry hun, Livs is still on bottles too. They are still babies really. Even for water she has a bottles, I can't get her to drink from anything else at the moment x x x
  • Options
    Intersting topic Elaine I was starting to have questions around this myself...

Zac has milk in bottles still (am and pm) and then has the water with meals from a doidy cup as I couldn't get him to drink from anything else!

My HV says you should stop using bottles at 12 months but I'm not really sure what to change to - can't see him drinking his 7oz from a cup...!??!?

Amyx
  • Options
    Lily has a beaker 4 water, and bottles 4 her milk, but am gonna get 1 of those bottles with handles on to start tryin to swtich from bottle to beaker for her milk. Wonder how taht'll go?!

xxx
  • Options
    Phoebe has a cup for water - I'm still breastfeeding so she's never really had a bottle. I'm hoping that when I eventually stop breastfeeding she will drink milk from a cup too but who knows?
  • Options
    Cant see us being ready to lose the bottles in another 5 weeks.

Dont know what goes through tommy's head but he gets his cup, smacks his face with it, puts it in his mouth once (if lucky) then throws it across the room!

Will keep trying daily but at the mo the cup is obviously not liked and I have tried bloody loads of them.
  • Options
    Zacky swipes drinks out of our cups if we dont watch him, especially his dads tea LOL.

He has water throughout the day from a freeflow beaker, although most of the time he also thinks its funny to shake the beaker and give himself a shower, LOL.

He will not take milk in anything but a bottle, If he is happy with this I will wait til he wants to change over to a cup / beaker. He only has a morning and afternoon bottles now anyway. Not bad for the milk monster he used to be LOL.
  • Options
    caitlin has bottle for milk n juice or water from a new disney beaker after spening approx ??15 or more on them she has decided to go with this one.

she had a little cows milk from it, wouldnt drink when cold but after 10 mins drank it all.

she has 2 bottles a day now n water twice n juice once
  • Options
    luca uses a cup for water, but like some of you i don't know how to get him off the bottles of milk. any ideas greatly appreciatedimage

he likes drinking out of open top glasses, so i give him them to practice with (plastic ones) hes fine picking them up lol but to put it down throws it haha thank god for laminate!!
  • Options
    Charlie has milk from a bottle and juice from a advent cup (??5 a pop!!) but he doesn't drink as much now as he would if i gave him juice in a bottle!! x
  • Options
    Ashton still has his milk in a bottle and juice or water from his tt cup! xxx