Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Personal Question, if I may be so bold...

Ok ladies, need some help to see of it's just me or if I need to be concerned...
Have you had your periods return yet after having lo's? Have had no sign of AF and occured to me last night that maybe I should have had visit by now...I am on the mini-pill for the last 2 weeks, could this mean that I won't have restarted cycle yet?
Please tell me that this is normal and I don't have to go get a pg test!!!
Thanks everyone!
Claudia + Braedon (who is def not ready to be a big brother just yet!)
xxxx

Replies

• ooooooooo babe id test then if negative investigate other reasons. iv had 2 periods since tyler and im on the pill now. xx let me know what ur gonna do? good luck xxxxxx
  • XX double post XX

[Modified by: Elaine&Boys on October 01, 2008 10:08 AM]

• sorry to gate crash but this was on the main page!

just thought i'd let you know my baby was just over 6 months old when af returned!

any doubt, i'd do a preg test just to put you mind at ease!

i did (2 infact! months 4 & 5 and was considering doing a 3rd when it arrived!) as was convinced it should have come back sooner than it did!

kim
  • I also didn't have a period with my first until he was over six months. I think it might be worth doing a test though for peace of mind. x
  • Hay hun, im currently on my second period since having Sophie and iv bin on the combined pill since she was about six weeks old, but I know of some ladies who didn't get their periods back for a whole year. I think it can make a difference as well if ur exclusively breastfeeding, so iv been told. If ur worried tho u cud do a preg test but I wud say that going off what other women have said on this website that its not unusual to not get ur periods back straight away. Gud luck hun xxx
  • hiya i agree with the others take a test 2 rule it out, it might be on ur mind that ur pg so u wont come on. im also on the mini pill have had 2 cycles since but need 2 change pill as im bleeding every now and then. let us know how u get onxxx
  • Which mini pill are you taking? I know when I took cerazette after I had Millie it was quite normal not to get af at all. Also how are you feeding lo? If you are bfing then not getting af is normal, you may well not get them back untill lo is having three solid meals a day and taking less milk.
    xx
  • Hey ladies!
    Thanks for all your replies!Forgot to say that I'm not bf anymore, stopped about a month ago. Am on Cerazette but doesn't say on the leaflet whether its normal to not have AF. But...she arrived this afternoon! Just as I start to wonder where she could've got to, and then she turns up - how strange! Anyway, panic over!!!
    Thanks again for replies girlies
    xxxxxxx