Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

walking or pushchair?

For me its easier to use the pushchair as I usually have Isaac & sometimes J with me too, but Tyler LOVES walking down the road and if a car or something drives past he stops and watches it till its out of sight then keeps trotting along. If he walks I have a wrist link on him coz he slipped my hand once and even though he didnt make it to the road it scared the hell outta me! We walked to the chemist and back (10 mins each way) and you have to go down a hill to get there then back up again and he didnt ask me to pic him up once! He walked to school with us the other morning and he held Js hand the whole way. (had wrist link on too) it was really cute!

Does your Junie like walking?

http://lilypie.com/pic/2009/08/12/D88b.jpg

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/qWaup1.png

Replies

• Options
    Lily loves walking but i only really let her walk if we're in the park or sumwhere enclosed cos I'm too scared of the traffic etc and I haven't got ne reins yet. She's still happy sittin in her pushchair as well so whic makes life easier cos she can't get away! x
  • Options
    Olly loves walking too and will only sit in the pushchair for about 30 minutes at a time before getting frustrated. However, if he does walk he won't go in the right direction and gets in a paddy when we pick him up!
  • Options
    Ashton loves to walk (and run, lol) but to be honest I use the double everywhere I go as can't keep an eye on him and push my single pushchair. However if Pete is taking him to the park (4 doors away) then he will walk there and back! xxx
  • Options
    well caitlin hates her buggy, but in the morning rush to school not practical for her to walk she walks back it takes half an hour lol, i tried her out in a buggy the other day jane twin she loved it, first time she has sat still lol
  • Options
    Livvy is still in the pushchair everywhere we go. She only learnt to properly walk last week!!!
    I also find it much easier with the school runs to even have my 2.5 yr old in the buggy too. Sometimes even more 4 yr old sits on the top and I powerwalk the whole way image lol!
  • Options
    Lol SnS - I bet we look identical on the way to school. On a morning we are late, I have Tyler in the buggy, Isaac on the buggy board & J on the top by the handles pmsl - its mornings like that I wish I still had my double!!

p.s - Way to go Livs on the walking!
  • Options
    It's def easier having them all in one place on the pushchair I find!!! Otherwise at least one will fall behind and make us late!!!
    I've got a Phil and Teds and it's brill!!! Mind you It's almost 5 years old now and pretty knackerd out! When number 4 comes along I'm def getting another one!!! Then all I have to do is figure out a way I can get 4 onto it somehow?!! lol!!!
  • Options
    pmsl!!! xxx
  • Options
    Have you thought about what pushchair your guna get nxt time hun?? x x x
  • Options
    I dont have a clue.

Was thinking I will need a double again - just got rid of my old one a week before we found out! :roll:

I like the cossatto side by sides & love the Phil & Teds. It all depends on money really!

What do u recommend? xx
  • Options
    If you have the money I'd say Phil and Teds everytime!!! I will be getting another one when we have number 4. Ours has just about had it now. It's done so well though, was brand new Jan 05 just b4 Molly was born. So it's done 3 children and still going strong. I use it everyday!
    Also the bigger seat is suitable up to 5 years so it's useful for your older boys if they get tired. I can't fault it really image
    x x x x x
  • Options
    Sounds fantastic - wish I'd have had one before! Might keep a look out on ebay when the time is closer. It looks so convenient and thats what I need as I am always on/off buses and walking as I dont drive! xx
  • Options
    Zacky loves to walk and if we are only going a short distance i usually let him hold my hand or put his reins on. I let him walk around himself in stores (not the supermarket thouwgh) and keep him close. He will use his pushchair but after a while cries to get out.

O and if he lets go of my hand when he shouldnt then i just carry him in my arms like a baby for a while til he gets embarrassed then he will walk holding my hand, LOL.
  • Options
    Elaine I've taken it on the bus a few times, even took it on the underground!!! lol!! No problem at all!!!
    Ebay is a really good idea. Ive seen them on their almost new image