Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ive got an odd question, and could really use ur opinions x

hi everyone, hope ur all well!!

ok so ive got a weird on for u,

kirk has summer on a friday once a fortnight all day and all night but when he brings her home on the saturday (7.30am i might add!! grrr!!) she always has a funny tummy, loose bowels etc, all day saturday and then is back to normal sunday.

ive tried asking kirk what he feeds her but he justs says " oh just so an so" . so this week im gonna ask him to write down exactly what she eats and drinks all day to see if its the food thats causing this.

my problem is my dad and mum both agree ( and they havent agreed on anything since they divorced when i was 8 yrs old, typical) they think summers funny tummy is caused by stress, of being away from me so long, waking up in a strange house etc etc and they both think i should stop the over night access.

If i did stop kirk from having summer over night once a fortnight all hell would break loose, it would cause so so so many arguments and i would think he will take me to court, not because he wants to see summer but coz his mum wants to see her ( the same so-called grandmother who wished summer dead when i broke up with kirk!!), kirk actually wouldnt be bothered if he had summer or not to be honest.

so my question is do u think summers upset tummy is caused by stress and if it is what the hell do i do????

thanks girls xxx

Replies

• im not sure, it might be stress or might by drinks, food n even routine changes maybe. You do what you believe best, tell him your concerns n say if things dont change you need to stop overnight, speak to a free solicitor first though
  • Could you possibley voice your problems to you Dr? Or HV? Then get it written down? Its a difficult one isnt it? Hope all gets sorted soon hunnie xx
  • thanks girls, he picked summer up about half an hour ago and i asked him to write down everything that she eats and drinks today so i can see if maybe thats whats causing it, also im gonna take summer to the hv on next friday so i will talk to her see what she thinks..... if i have to stop the overnight access i will of course but i know im gonna get 10 tons of grief, mind due i think it would be fab if kirks mum tried to say anything to me about it!! that would be a fun convo lol!!!
  • Hi hon, hope it sorts itself out.

Why the hell does he bring her back at 7.30am???

I can see why you may think it's stress and although normally I would say that kids obv have a right to see their fathers etc, she is still quite young and so you may have to stop it for a while until she's a bit older and cope with it a bit more.

Seeing as you're not benefitting from getting a lie in on Sat morning, I'm guessing it wouldn't bother you too much if she came back Fri night anyway?

If not, why don't you put it to Kirk like it's his idea - something along the lines of, you know Kirk, i know it's pretty hard on you and Summer having to get up so early to bring her back on a Sat morning so it's ok if you bring her back on a Fri night. I know you're trying to help me out by having her so I can have a break overnight, but I guess I have to be a little less selfish and not think about myself, so if you want to bring her back Fri night it'd be ok with me for now.......

lol - he sounds like he's just about daft enough to fall for it! What do you reckon?!xx
  • hey karen,

he brings her back at 7.30am just to get rid of her i think... theres no actual reason for it!!

i wont let him bring her back past 2pm ever coz i have so many problems getting her to bed if she sleeps that late in his car on the way back she is up til 11pm so i dont let her sleep past 12noon when she is with me!! (mean mummy lol)

I dont think he would fall for it anyway, he only has summer so his mum can see her and she wouldnt like to miss her 1 night a fortnight with her although i would love to take that away from her believe me lol.

anyway she was fine this friday although when i opened the door to him summer lunged at me and hugged me and wouldnt let go and didnt even look back at kirk.... now that speaks volumes!
  • Grr bummer - forgot about his mum. Think you're going to have to tough it out unless her tummy starts getting really bad bless her. Haven't seen new photos of her for ages - get some up on fbk!xx
  • yep the mother from hell lol, u know kirks sister followed me to work the other day.... wtf?? i know i need to get some pics up of her havent done it in agessss!!
  • Why the hell did she follow you to work? Weirdo.... did you say hello to her? Yeah get them up lady.xx

ps did you get your work sorted out in the end?
  • OMG - followed you to work!? Why? What did you do? I would turned around and thumped her one!! (sorry not very constructive) xx
  • karen yeah got work sorted plus my area manager has been "moved on" lol starting college in april anyway so will br quitting in the new year woop woop!!

lol yeah she followed me to work bear in mind she lives and works NO-WHERE near me, she doesnt know anyone in my area either so no excuse for being there when i spotted her she just gave me a dirty look and tbh i cracked up, dont think ive laughed so hard in such a long time, think that pissed her off lol but believe me if she has been close to me i would of happily given her a black eye lol