Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello from Alex and me

Hello Gorgeous Junies and bubbas,

Its been a while since I posted on here - have to admit the first 6 months of motherhood havent been quite what I expected!

Some of you already know that I've struggled with the little man for a long time. By 6 weeks it was pretty unbearable, the screams came before every bedtime and lasted for up to an hour or longer :cry: He was put on gaviscon but that didnt really settle the poor little man, he went to sleep but it was still unsettled. By 8 weeks it was suggested I went on a diary free diet, it helped so much had my happy little chappy for a while, although sleep was still an issue sometimes. This went on for weeks until finally at 23 weeks I tried him on soya formula - he projectile vomitted up the 1oz we got into him. Problem solved he was also soya intolerant too. Hes been ebf till this week so that means I have to eat as if I'm intolerant - not easy when you've spent your whole life being able to eat as you please!

Thankfully all of this means (apart from the teething) I have my happy little chappy all the time image and he goes to sleep with hardly a fuss (sleeping through is still a problem thanks to the teeth!). Happy baby also means happy mummy image

We did manage to hold of weaning till 22 weeks, which is something I wanted to do given his intolerances. You cant stop him now though, he prefers finger foods to spoon feeding so we're concentrating on BLW as much as possible - the odd puree or jar creeps in every now and then! Its so much fun watching him learn about his food and discover new textures and tastes. He's also started taking a bottle at last, I would have quite happily bf until he quit but sadly I'm not going to be a sahm and I dont think he'll have dropped his daytime milk by the time I go back to work.

He's such a smiler, and will flirt with anyone. Hes so inquistive too, always looking around and taking things in. While hes not that keen on rolling (he can he just wont!), he loves practising standing up, of course goes mental in the jumperoo, is trying to sit unaided, and this week has mastered getting up on his hands and knees - although not going anywhere just yet. While he loves time with his mummy, he gets all excited about daddy coming home to give him his bath and massage (we sent daddy on the massage course!).

We dont go to that many classes at the moment, just swimming which he loves. However he loves his play group and meeting up with the other NCT babies. Hoping to start him on music clasess and baby signing in the new year, so we can have as much fun as possible together before I go back to work in March - not looking forward to that day.

Words can not describe how much I love my perfect little man - but then you would know that being mums yourself. When he smiles my heart melts, when he giggles I giggle and I'm so proud of him each and every day. I love watching him develop each and every day.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas - heres some recent pics.

Love Nic and Alex x

Replies

• aaaaaawwwwwww what a fab update. Im sorry things were tough at the begining but it sounds like you are all so happy now. AW your post has made me feel all emotional! lol. im really chuffed for you hun. Big hugs to you and Alex. xxxx
  • ah hun its so lovely to hear how happy you are now - i agree the first 6 months werent great for us either xx alex is a little smasher and i can see why your so proud of him , have a perfect christmas with your little boy xxx