Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

really struggling with her today (also in baby)

I feel like a wreck. Nothing i do can satisfy her. She has only just stopped crying and thats because shes fallen asleep - sobbing. She has the sniffles & I know shes teething but i can usually console her and if i cant, the calpol does. She dosnt want to eat, she dosnt want to drink, she dosnt want to sleep, she dosnt want to be held, she dosnt want toys, she dosnt want to be on the floor, in the walker, in her carseat, in the chair. In fact the only place she was quiet in today was the pushchair on the way to school. So theres me looking like a shattered nervous wreck telling the mums how awful she has been while shes smiling away to everyone :roll: Its snowing a fair bit so i cant really be going for walks with her as I have Tyler too and he will get cold. Do I leave her to cry it out or what? My gosh is this a girl thing?? I dont ever remember feeling like this with the boys before?? I know its not a painful cry, more of a whingy one but i hate the thought of her so upset. image

Replies

• Islay is exactly the same...I think she is frustrated because she wants to move around and can't so is getting frustrated!!! I am exhausted...we change scenery every 10 minutes to keep her distracted...if I wasn't breastfeeding I would be drinking a lot of red bull!!! Glass of wine tonight me thinks!!!
  • Sorry...had to chuckle when you said about walking to school...how funny!!!! x x x x x
  • Awww hun, Im finding George is hard work at the min cos his routine is up the wall with erin being off school... he misses the 2 school runs, but I cant get out cos of the snow

Im sorry Im not much help (how useless am I tonight) but I hope she settles down soon... maybe having the boys around on school hols will distract her! xx

Mand x
  • I had a day last week like this too hun. And then a tooth popped through! When she gets really grizzly and won't settle at all I sometimes put her pushchair in the front room and just push her backwards and forwards until she drops off. Not an ideal solution I know, but it can be a lifesaver when nothing else will work....x