Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Wont eat!

Hi everyone.

Sophie is now 28 weeks old and last week she finally started eating jars. She would open her mouth and go to the spoon. This carried on for a week and she put on 9ozs considering she lost 7 ozs the other week. HOwever, she has gone back to how she was before and clamps her mouth shut. Its making me very sad. I dont know how to make her want food again. It really looked like she was enjoying porridge and the other jarred foods.

Any advice ladies?

Do your little ones have an off day/week?

Thanks xx

Replies

• Emily certainly had her off days. Sometimes she'll take 2 mouthfuls of food then cry till i take away the bowl. I think alot of it is down to teething. If you think shes not learnt to open up properly yet, why not try some finger foods? She'll teach herself to open her mouth for food. Baby biscuits like biscotti disolve easily. If you want something less sweet, you could try breadstick or fingers of toast? Another thing you could try is to let her play with the spoon? HTH xxx