Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010

6 month update on Samuel

6 month update - My beautiful baby boy is 6 months old today, and I can't get over where those 6 months have gone! It doesn't feel like 5 minutes ago that we were bringing him home from the hospital, and he looked too small for his car seat! Anyway, thought I'd do a quick 6 month update while he's having a nap!

He's developed such a lovely personality over the past couple of months and is a right little character. He has me in stitches every day with the things he does. He's such a cheeky litttle boy, but has such a gorgeous smile that melts my heart. He's not got any teeth yet, but I can see white patches on his bottom gums and he is showing signs of them coming through. He's enjoying trying different foods and I don't think I'm going to have any problem with him liking things! He currently has breakfast and tea, and I've introduced lunch in the past week or so. He sleeps through the night, from 9.30pm to 8.30am. He can almost sit up unaided, but prefers to have me or daddy sat behind him.

He has rolled from his front to back, but only done this 4 times maximum. He loves tummy time, and giggles so much when he's looking around!

He's a big boy, but small too - he's still in 3-6 month clothes (some 0-3 month too!) and is still in size 3 nappies.

We like to go on walks and for rides in the car, and he loves supermarket shopping. I've recently started sitting him up in his pram, he loves being nosey and looking around!

The past 6 months have been amazing, and to look at this little boy every day and think that we made him, is absolutely amazing and brings tears to my eyes. he changes so much every day and I'm loving watching it all. Being a mummy is the best thing ever, and I feel so lucky to be in this position ??????? xxx

Replies

• aw what a lovely update! He sounds like such a lil cutie. So adorable and you sound like you are really enjoying being a mummy. Thankyou for sharing! xxxx
  • Ah you've brought a tear to my eye. So glad you're enjoying motherhood.

It's bloomin hard work but worth all the effort!!!
  • aw you sound like you're really enjoying motherhood. Glad Samuel is doing well. I know what you mean about the car seat, Rebecca looks massive in hers now and she looked so tiny the first few weeks x
  • hey hunny what a nice update xxx