Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010

baby monitors?

I just wondered if and when people are still using their baby monitors? I still have it on when we out him to bed as when we are downstairs with the living room door closed we wouldn't hear him but I still have it next to me in bed throughout the night. I just wondered if other people are still using them? Thinking it might be time for me to let go alittle as I wake up at least once in the night to him coming into light sleep and wriggling around a little. We do sleep with the door open too so if he did wake crying we would hear him. We did say when he turned 6 months that we would stop using it at night but he got ill so we carried on and tbh I quite like hearing his little sleep noises image x

Replies

• oh i dont know....

i still keep both my monitor (from the tommee tippee movement sensor set) and my camera monitor on all night (have to put it under a pillow lol) Megan does wake me up when she wriggles etc but im a light sleeper and dont sleep great anyway. if you would hear him cry then why not try it and see how you get on for a night...personally i would sleep worse not being able to see and check on here as i find it nice and reassuring watching her. i'll have to let go at some point but for now i cant...my dd sleeps on a floor above me though (was going to move next door to her but decided that might be a nit too extreme as our bed wouldnt fit in)

Just do what feels right for you - good luck x
  • Goodness yes, I'm still using ours. I am a bit paranoid and clingy, but I have no plans to stop using it for a good while yet!

My son was over two before I stopped using it for him, but I think I'm in the minority on that. At about 18 months I considered stopping using it over night, but then he moved rooms and into a bed, so I wanted to use it until he was settled, and then I struggled to make the break! As it happened, one morning dd (born when he was 23 months) fell asleep in her cot while we were all upstairs (she'd have been about 3 months I think), and I wanted to go downstairs but didn't have a monitor in her room, so hubby moved it from ds's room to hers and that was it!

Personally I wouldn't consider stopping using it at 6 months, I probably would hear her from the next room but I'd rather have the monitor next to me to make sure.

I agree with Lauz though, whatever is right for you.
  • ha ha Im still using my angel care sensor matt and our screen monitor too but its just paranoia, he would be fine without it. I think I will use it till he moves into a bed tbh. xxx
  • i still use mine for my 2 year old! lol. but i am a worry pants. same as you we have it downstairs when they are up in bed and i take it up with me when i go up (im in attic room) Tyler & Emily share a room now so i have just the one. But we used to have 2 - one for DS1&2s room and they are 4 & 5!! Like i said, Im a worry pants! I only stopped using that when we moved here in November. :lol:
  • Lol I have the Angelcare sensor and DD is still in our room...PARANOID!!!
  • dont woory Kate, i was the same, my boys were in my room till 2 at the youngest!!! Its only coz we have no room in this house that we've had to move her in with Tyler - i didnt want to!!
  • yep still using mine. Hadn't really thought about not using it yet. I guess until she starts sleeping through the night every night I'll keep using it x
  • phew...i'm glad you are all still using yours. don't think i'm ready to let go yet. think i just might turn the sensitivity down so we don't hear the wriggles but would hear anything louder. my friend never had one with her dd and keeps asking if I'm still using mine which made me think am I being silly. I love hearing him sleep so I'm going to carry on for a while yet I think.

Thanks for your replies girls image xx