Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010

Advice needed, 10 days late

I'm just wondering if people can let me know their experiences if they have had a IUD, copper coil inserted?

I had a coil inserted 7 weeks after having Oliver. It took me nearly 3 months to have a period ( I did breast feed for 2 months) and then I have had 3 regualr periods with a cycle between 28-30 days. I should I had a period last Monday (3rd Jan!) so i am well over a week late. Did your cycles go abit random?? I have had cramping about 2 weeks ago and my stomach felt tender (has been normal sicne having the coil fitted) but now nothing, apart from sore boobs. Should I be concerned?

Also posted in Baby

Glimmer

Replies

• Didn't want to read and run, but haven't got any advice as have never had one fitted. Is there any chance you could be pregnant hun or do you suffer with sore boobs when you are due on?? XX
  • This happened to me! I had copper coil 6 weeks after DS. Last month my period was 3 weeks late! I've never been late in my life!

I know this happened to Ilovecupcakes too hon so is fairly common x try not to worry, it is incredibly rare to fall pregnant with coil. I tested to double check, but in the end AF came just very late x
  • sorry hunny i dont have the coil but hope you get some answers xxx
  • Thanks girls. I'm not worried I'm pregnant. I do get sore boobs before AF arrives so I'm hoping she will come soon. I was worried that I'm so late as I've always been regaular as clockwork. Was concerned there might have been something going on but if others have experienced similar my mind is put at ease. Thanks ladeis, don't know what I'd do without you sometimes image x