Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Still having trouble with wind

Hi ladies,

we're still having a few problems with my wee mans sleep, and we're now pretty certain it's now just trapped wind bothering him (reflux is under control). I spend ages winding him, have a good big burp but it seems ages to get the final bit up, if we can at all.

He's had cranial so his diapharm is less tight and he should get his wind up easier, and is on rantitidine for reflux so no longer constipated like when he was on gaviscon. I'm still ebf and have no
latch problems to fix.

Anyone else still having wind problems? If not what have you used to get the wind up? As I'm ebf colief isn't a viable option for us I don't think and also wasn't sure whether I could use infacol or gripe water with rantitidine?

Nic & alex 10+5

Replies

• Hiy Hun> You can definitely use Gripe Water with Ranitidine, as I asked our Paediatrician if we can use it with George, so you are safe there. I do know that you cannot use Infacol when they are on Gaviscon (as the 2 act against each other). HTH
    xxx

[Modified by: **MrsD2B** on August 29, 2010 09:42 AM]

• Harry is a nightmare to wind!!!! He's had cranial too which has meant he's gone from doing no burps to one after a feed but thats it! I can wind him for hours and he will not do more than one burp, but i know he has wind as he is blue around the mouth!