Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

weight loss

don't know if anyone wants to but i've seen on dim i think it was that they have a weight loss group and support each other and set weekly goals.

i'm trying to loss just over 2 stone but don't seem to loss anything and was wondering if anyone else was trying too and wanted to join me in setting a weekly goal and helping each other

nessie t

Replies

• hiya , i have the same to lose as you hun - love the sound of a weight loss thread , we can share tips and food and exercise ideas aswell xx
  • i def will!! but after my 6 week check when i can start proper exercise again!! i have about a stone to lose but i swear im getting bigger even tho im not eating loads!?!
  • I have just under a stone to loose and have lost 2 stone so far... basically i don't get chance to eat much so that's how i have done it :lol: yesterday i had 1 slice of toast and then my tea so about 500 calories? This isn't by choice though im just so busy with both the children.

Im starting the gym in 2 weeks as we go to Cyprus in 8 weeks and i really want to feel confident and nice about myself especially as there will be lots of lovely girls walking round in bikinis in front of my husband lol so my goal is to loose 1 stone and be toned in 8 weeks... hmmmm seems impossible!!

It would be nice to support each other xx
  • ok well i weighed myself this morning and i'm 12st 11lb and ideally would love to be 10 stone but will be happy with 10 stone 11 or even 11 stone. which was what i was when i got married 2 1/2 years ago when i did weight watchers but dont have the money now to do that.

my only form of exercise is the wii fit which i can just about manage to do a 8 min work out whilst dd sleeps i swear she has a timer that goes off everytime i get it set up to do. there isn't anywhere nice to take dd on a walk round here but do walk to post office when i need to go which is about 2 miles there and back.

i've planned our meals for the week yesterday and went food shopping when hubby was at work and only brought what was on the list no junk food don't think he's realised yet.

i would like to loose 3lb a week. what about if we set a day to weigh our selves once a week. its up to you whether you say how much you weigh or you could just say you want to loose ... this week and whether you've managed it or not?
  • Good luck hun i hope you loose it!!

Im 6ft tall and 11 stone at the moment... hmmm 8 weeks is my goal so i guess i need to loose 2lb a week really.

So yes i am to loose 2lb by next Wednesday!! We will have to do a weigh in post next week image xx
  • I wasnt going to diet until after 6 week check but i've got my appetite back so need to start something now or i'll put on weight lol!

I put on 5 stone while pregnant so have lots to lose!!!! I've lost 2 1/2 since having harry and want to lose another 3 stine. I am 5ft 4 and was 10stone for my wedding in aug 09 and that is my goal weight again (which is a size 10).
    I am following weight watchers and walking lots with the pram, after 6 week check will start stomach toning!
  • I don't want to mention my actual weight as I'm a heffa! I was overweight at the start of my pregnancy but currently weigh 7lbs less than my booking in weight.

I'd like to lose another stone at least - getting married in January. So I'll keep track of how much I've lost without mentioning the dreaded number! xxx
  • im definetly up for this i joined weight watchers last week and will have my first weigh in tomorro. fingers crossed i have done well cause i have worked hard to eat healthily (sp) my start weight was 13st 3lb so very big and im hoping to get to 10 and a half which is what i was 3 yrs ago before i had my ds i just never managed to get back down again image
  • I've got 10lbs to go to get back down to pre-pregnancy weight but ideally would like to lose another 2-3st to get back where I was a few years ago. Going on holiday in 5 weeks so if I can get anywhere near my pre-pregnancy weight by then I'll be happy. Was very proud of myself for refusing a desert when everyone else had one today - first time in 9 months!!!
  • ok well i'll start a thread on wednesday where we can all post how we are getting on and how much we want to loose next week. and if anyone has any ideas they want to share.
  • ok well i'll start a thread on wednesday where we can all post how we are getting on and how much we want to loose next week. and if anyone has any ideas they want to share.
  • I want to get back to 10 and half st as that was what i was before i had my ds. with harry i put on about 4 and half stone. Have lost some since i gave birth so am dwn to 13st now. I'd like to join this as i think it'll be good if we all help each other. xx
  • just thought ide update but im really chuffed was weighed today and i have lost 6lbs!!! in a week im so please my hard work paid off hope you all are doing well x
  • wow Lammie thats amazing!!! Well done !! xx
  • well done lammie,

Bella has actually slept for a bit this morning on her playmat (her new fave place to sleep) so i managed to do 1/2 hour on the wii fit. hopefully i will be able to do this everyday.

• i also want to lose about 2 and a half stone... i am down to my pre preg weight and have lost another 5lbs in the last 2 weeks doing slimming world. i was overweight before i got preg so have more to lose!!
  • I'll be starting with my weight loss and more exercise after my 6 week check, and once I know I've healed properly from my section.
    I put on about 2 and a half stone while pregnant, but a few days after my section I'd lost a stone. I've still got a stone to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight, and I really want to lose the excess flab and skin from my tummy!

I look at pictures of my bump now, and realise that I was actually quite big, even though at the time I thought I was small!!! lol
    xxx