Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010

Feeling rather proud

As managed to feed Alana in public yesterday for the first time. I think we have finally turned a corner. I have really struggled with breast feeding this time and have nearly given up several times but I took it one feed at a time and thankfully it worked and i managed to get through it, things seem to be going so well now yet a wk ago it seemed putting her on a bottle was the only way forward.
Im so pleased with myself and my gorgeos little girl and she slept in her crib all night last night too image

Looby and Alana (3wks)

Replies

• Well done you! I remember from when ds was tiny that everything feels so much better when you feel you've turned that corner - for me with him it was when someone invited me to their house and I said 'yes please' without thinking 'where will I feed him? what if he's sick everywhere? what if he screams?'. I struggled with breastfeeding first time round and am really determined to be more relaxed this time - and hearing that you've braved public feeding gives me hope, so thanks x

Gatecrashing in Born in June, I'm 38+6 with no sign of bubs arriving yet!
  • Well done! I only managed to feed my first baby for 7 days. I am finding it easier this time around. I have fed 3 times in public!! I have really suprised myself - I didn't think I would be able to do it but feeding discreetly draws less attention to you than a screaming baby I have decided! I have fed in front of most family members also now, including my dad. My bil left the room and didn't come back in until I was finished! I went upstairs to feed when my fil was round - I felt we might both be uncomftable but I will have to at some point I think. Do you find it weird infront of family?? I joked to dh that I could clear a room of his family in seconds now!!?
  • well done you and well done to alana too. xxx