Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sad

Does anybody else feel sad that their pg is over? The last few weeks of my pregnancy where really hard and very tiring and i desperately wanted baby out. Now shes here I adore her and I know a new journey is starting but I cant help but feel sad that the journey of pregnancy is over :cry: I think most of it for me is because i know she will be my last and that I wont ever feel a baby kick/move again and I will never have a bump or feel that bond with an unknown face. I feel so silly but I feel like its the end of an era :cry:

Replies

• Awh. I dont really miss being pregnant much, probably because i had such a tough time. I do miss the movements and keeping him extra safe in my tummy. I want another baby in the future so i guess its not the end of an era for me. Just wanted to say sorry your feeling sad and sending you huge hugs xxx
  • hi hun, i feel th same but officially i should still be pregnant i am not actually due for anothr 9-10 days!
    I feel i have missed out BUT I am also very grateful for Henry coming early as you know the problems I had with George stopping growing from apprx 34 weeks and causing his deafness, well Henry avoided this and me worrying and he isnt deaf.

I prob feel th sam as you in the fact that its our last and w are never going to experience all the special things again even though chaz has alrady suggested numbr 5 which is no go for me and for the first tme i didnt enjoy being pregnant due to worry so dont want to risk it again xxxx
  • afraid not - as exhausted as i am now it is such a relief to not be so heavy any more
    my feet dont look like elephant feet and i can move quickly again - going up the stairs isnt a marathon attempt

i can understand what you mean about the kicks but i much prefer having a cuddle with my baby than just getting annoyed that he's kicking me in the ribs :lol: