Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

8 weeks today - updated

And jabs tomorrow :\(

Any one already been through this, is there anything I need to be aware of?

I know they can feel a little off colour after, and I have calpol at the ready, just a bit scared of this milestone and how he'll react (doesn't help that my mum is totally against jabs and keeps telling me he's going to be autistic if I have them done - incidentally I have read that report and know its a load of cow poop but can't help worrying all the same)

Can't believe how quickly this has come round - 2 months ago I was still pregnant - but feels like Oscar has been in my life forever!

F x

Update
My poor little boy, i've never heard him howl so loudly, it's enough to break your heart I nearly didn't let her do the second one, and the cow waited until he'd stopped crying from the 1st before she stuck him again, could have just got it over and done with.
Anyway he's gone straight to sleep now, he had a full tum and I've given him some calpol just in case.

I hope Alana's go ok too x

[Modified by: FandJ on 29 July 2010 12:16:44 ]

Replies

• Alana is 9wks today and also has her jabs tomorrow.
    Im not worried about these jabs, I think the mmr jab is the more contrivertial one that they have at about 18 mths.
    I do hope that she isnt too grizzly from them tho, I read in my baby book to give calpol 20 mins after the jabs regardless of if they are off colour just incase as this will prevent them getting grizzly or feeling too unwell.
    Good luck, hope all is ok for your little man too X
  • Hi ladies. Do you know how long they feel off colour after for? Sophie turns 8 weeks 5 days before we go on holiday so was going to try and get her jabs booked in before we go. As we'll have to wait until after the weekend this means it will only be 2-3 days before we fly. Is she likely to still be feeling the effects when we go and therefore should I wait until we get back? x
  • I think it can be up to 2 days but most don't last that long, I'll let you know when Oscar's back to his usual self!
  • Ah, thanks. Will try to get her booked in for the Monday then she should be ok by the Thursday when we fly. Would be good to know how long your little one takes to get back to his normal self though x
  • Awwww my Georgie is supposed to be having his on weds but we are going away on thursday so dunno if to put them off till we come home?

My dd used to howl having hers but she soon forgot and a bottle always helped!! it gets easier when they get older cos now I have treats like chocolate when its all over and that cures everything! xxxx