Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sick

I'm probably being a worrier again, but..
Lily was sick twice yesterday and once today, and I'm not talking about a little dribbling out after a feed, but real projectile vomit!
Is anyone else having this problem?
Could it be because of the formula I'm using, or because I switched from breast-feeding to formula really early? Or am I feeding her wrong? I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo confused.

Replies

• Options
    I'd give your midwife or HV a call for some advice hun - but it can be perfectly normal and just one of those things for some babies.

This might sound stupid but was it really projectile? I ask because I had ds at the out of hours docs when he was a week old because he'd projectile vomited twice - but when she asked how far it went and I said he was holding him against me so it went all down my back, she said 'so it poured out rather than going across the room' - which it did, and apparently this was less cause for concern, although it frightened me at the time. He grew out of it at about 8 weeks, but until then I was quite worried about it.
  • Options
    Well, she was laying on my lap (on her back) and the vomit didn't dribble down her chin, it actually lifted quite a bit.
    I feel so useless when I call the midwife or health visitor. :/
  • Options
    Dont feel useless - thats what they are there for! It is a ver common 'newborn' thing and could be nothing but I would still get her checked out. My DS2 used to projectil vomit sometime and certainly be sick after every feed, he had reflux so its worth getting her seen just to rule it out. xxxx
  • Options
    Ok, thanks.
    She hasn't done it yet today, so I'll just ask the health visitor when she comes on Friday, unless she does do it again today, then I'll have to ring up.
    Thanks again.