Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hot flushes.. Sweating... Blurry eyes...

Hey girlies,

I have noticed since giving birth about 1-2wks
after that i'm soo much hotter then I previously
was... I'm sweating more and am clammy and hot
all the time.

Then I seem to set even hotter "hot flushes" and
I'm soaked through the night!

I was solely breast feeding but have decided
to combi feed due to feeling like I have no milk
in my breasts coz of constant feeding!

I've also noticed my vision and hearing has
changed...tried to make a eyesight test, I wear
glasses, and was told u have more fluid in your
body after pregnancy and it pushes on your optic
nerve!

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm not going
through "the change" am I?

Replies

• hey, i wear glasses and also noticed that i got blurred vision, it was like a heat wave in one eye ha! seems to have gone now! i was also getting hot flushes mainly when getting bits and bobs done round the house!
    hope your better soon x
  • i also wear glasses and have noticed it i also seem to feel like i'm straining my eyes from time to time.

i also had the hot flushes when i did stuff but i was prob doing to much to soon after my section
  • I have been SO hot, I cant believe how hot I am all the time when I used to always feel cold. I have also had blurry vision here and there but thought I was just tired! x
  • Ive not really noticed anything with my eyes, but after my dd was born 3 yrs ago I was terrible for sweating it was awful... I was always dripping... it lasted about 8 weeks after birth and then settled down, I was told it was hormones and excess fluids... I have it this time but no where near as bad.

Hope ur ok xx
  • hot sweats!! remember them well. lot of us bfing mummies in bimarch had night sweats. i used to wake up wet through. it settles down though! i have not had any for a couple of months. have you woken up in the night convinced you are bfing your baby, who is actually fast asleep in their basket yet?!?! i asked huby on a few occasions to please take the baby off me as i was so tired and she was no where near me. one night i woke him to ask him to take the baby off me while i fed our daughetr, convinced i was feeding a random baby.