Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what way is best to get wind up???

Hi ladies,

Dylan was up most of the night with tummy ache cause by wind. Me and OH spent hours trying to get his wind up!!! You could tell he was full of wind just nothing would come up. The last week or so he has been fab getting wind uo in the daytime, bringing it up himself but by night time we get nothing. We are currently using gripe water and colic drops. Even the gripe water did not bring any wind up!!

What techinque do you find best to get wind up?

Thanks

Gemma xxxx

Replies

• Options
    hi gemma

neve only likes to be held vertical to get her wind up....so over the shoulder,quite high,this also keeps pressure off her tummy,and as she has reflux,she finds it very painful in any other position......hth xxx
  • Options
    Thanks clare i will try your method tonight. Just read your post hope neve gets better soon. Dylan has reflux and it is horrible xx
  • Options
    im hoping she grows out of it.......thanks lovey x
  • Options
    I never found Gripe Water to be much good...
    Plus it smells (and tastes) gross. :P
    We use Infacol in each bottle and since we've started doing that Lily has been really good at bringing wind up.
    I always sit her on my knee, support her front (so she's not falling forward) with one hand and pat her back with the other. I found this the most easiest way to get wind up, and it doesn't ache my back. image
    WARNING: With Infacol Lily has been doing VERY manly burps, so beware.image
    xxx
  • Options
    I put Sophie quite high up on my shoulder too. If nothing happens within a few minutes I lay her down and she wriggles a bit and then try her on my shouder again. This sometimes dislodges a stuborn bit that wouldn't come up before.
  • Options
    Lye baby on your lap on left hand side (their head up by your knees), can rock gently if it helps to sooth. Then put them with arms over your shoulder and legs straight down. Rub upward on left side using heel of your palm. (Stomach is on the left hand side).

Friend told me she got this from the baby whisperer. Its worked every time for me with Viola.