Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Putting Erin in her cot... Anyone else??

Erin is 8 weeks old on Sunday. From Birth she has been very long and is basically outgrowing her Moses Basket. She also keeps hitting the sides.

We are putting her in her cot tonight in our room. How old did you put your little one's in their cot and is 7 weeks ok?

Thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    Harry has been in his cot in our room from 2 weeks old and he is much more comfy, he is very long and was trying to roll over (i know far too early!) so i thought he'd be better off in his cot!
  • Options
    we moved Phoebe into her own room last week (at 6 weeks but still in her moses basket) then put her in her big cot 2 nights ago, she slept really well in it last night, she was outgrowing her moses basket..x
  • Options
    Harry has been in his cot since he was 2-3 wks old. Cots are suitable from birth so there should be no problem puttin erin in now she's 7wks.xx
  • Options
    Jayden loves his cot - sleeps better there than anywhere else and is usually there from 7pm to 11pm

he has been spending the night on top of my bed (in a little nest of pillows) - hubby has been on the spare bed. but 2 nights ago we decided he had to go in his crib in our room coz hubby's back is collapsing (the spare bed is a fold-away one)

the first night was a disaster as J hates the crib so last night i left him in his cot and let him sleep there all night and all 3 of us had the most settled night so far! he slept from 8pm to 1am then had a really calm feed before sleeping until 4.30 and then til 7.15
    hubby didn't wake once (v important as he has a v demanding job) and i heard J down the monitor instantly so i could sleep well without worrying about him

i've decided he's in his cot from now on even though he's only 7 wks
  • Options
    George hated his moses basket so at 3 days old we transferred him to his cot in his own bedroom... he sleeps brilliantly!!