Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010

Grr, if MIL asks one more time...

... whether my LO is sleeping through the night, I'm going to lose it! She asks me everytime I see/speak to her - she asked me yesterday, Thursday, Sunday, the Friday before, all the way back to when she was a month old!!! I feel like I'm seriously underperforming here :\)

Honestly, what next? Is she crawling? Has she graduated? :lol:

Sorry, rant over!!!
xxx
(PS She's NEARLY sleeping through but wakes up at 4.00am but that's obviously not the right answer!!)

Replies

• oh hun i know how you feel.... my mum rings every day asking how our nights sleep went. Dylan is still waking up at 1 an 4.

I also hate oldies who say why don't you put rusk and rice in his bottle to make him sleep! He suffers from alergys now like me so giving him rice is not going to help matters! they will sleep through when they want too! x
  • Lol whenever LO has a good ole shout my MIL always says it's wind, even when I know she just wants to be put down to play :lol:

Eventually she gives up and puts her on her mat / in her chair and Poppy quietens straight away...
  • I hate this question too. My best friend is obsessed, telling me constantly that her lo's slept through by 3 months - well James is a week off three months and still wakes twice in the night so SHUT UP ASKING!!!!!
  • My dd does sleep through, but my MIL thinks it's unfair as her colleague's son didn't sleep more than 4 hours til he was 8 months - her comment was 'well I'd better not tell X'! Apparently what someone we don't even know is doing is more relevant to her than her own grandchild!
  • Glad I'm not alone on this one!! I thought it was bad when I was overdue and everyone was asking 'any sign yet?'

Sunflower I can relate, my MIL constantly tells me what so-and-so from work did with her baby 'oh, well she does it this way' - I want to say 'well good for her!'
    xxx