Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Neve has settled to sleep....on her tummy!!

altho this is good as she doesnt nap in the daytime apart from at the boob......im now terrified she will die of cot death.....
she is asleep on her playgym(completly flat gym and her head is to one side with her arms up under her sides of face)she didnt stir at all and has been asleep for 20mins now,she is on the lounge with me where i can see her breathing..i think hubby would go mad if he knew she was asleep on her front!
last night as i was feeding her with the breast feeding cushion under her,i had to take her off as really desperate for the loo,i left her laying on the cushion....when i came back she was face down on the bed..hubby hadnt stirred and i ran over and picked her up,but she was fast asleep!!
i worry about her head incase it gets stuck and she cant breath properly though.......
my son would only sleep on his front but that was 12 years ago!
anyone else put thier los to sleep on thier fronts?
xxxxx

Replies

• I think it's fine to let your LO sleep on their front every once in a while, because as you say, it was perfectly fine a few years back, and everyone thought a baby would choke if they slept on their back...
    I can't even put Lily on her front to play at the moment, because she just cries and cries!!
    xxx
  • Just replied to your other post (g/c from born in jan) but wanted to say I'm sure she'll be fine, my son slept on his front since 8 weeks old and is now a very strong 7 month old who still favours his front. I was worried too, but have an angel sounds movement monitor which even now gives me such peace of mind xxx
  • I replied on your other post but glad you got some sleep, its so hard when they will only sleep on their tummies, I sleep Callum on his tummy, have done since week one, I feel guilty, but he had good head control, I slept on my tummy as a baby as I wouldn't sleep any other way, although that was before current guidlines

• really pleased shes settled for you hun xxxx
  • my ds (3) would only sleep on his tummy so i gave in when he was 4 weeks and i was sure he could move his head easily and i finally got some sleep i no its worrying im glad phoebe will sleep on her back but sometimes they want what they want
  • i tried again yesterday and she wasnt having any of it!! lol xxxx
  • Typical lol gotta love em x
  • well done clare - that's exactly what happened with us. after weeks of rubbish sleep Jayden fell asleep on his tummy after breastfeeding and slept soooo well that i was converted
    it does make me sick with guilt and fear but at least we both get some sleep

i mentioned it to the health visitor and she said that she has to recommend back-sleeping but personally she believes that whatever works for the baby is fine
  • hows things now hun? xxxx
  • wow did you admit to your hv Mrs Raf? I don't think mine would be happy but my cranial osteopath recommended it xx