Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Reflux.....what next?

hi girls..
as you know Neve has reflux....we have tried GAVISCON but that made her very constipated and not much difference.....we went back to drs and for a week now have been on 1ML RANITIDINE 3 x daily .....its certainly helped at night,but during the day neve is still in pain,still finding it very hard to sleep during day because of the pain,still bringing up alot of BF and today is bringing up BF while still on the boob,loads of it!
some really horrible noiseys coming from her tummy,gurgling sounds,and i cannot lie her flat when shes crying in pain...poor little soul,i hate to see her in pain........

whats the next step?

xxxx :\(

Replies

• Didn't want to R&R...
    I have no clue about Reflux but I just want to say that I hope things get better for you and Neve real soon.
    xxx
  • oh poor Neve - not sure what your next step is with the reflux, but the gurgling is wind so maybe get a bf counseller to check your latch again and ask whether she is tongue tied. Maybe also ask your doc whether you can have a stool test for allergies/intolerances as they can cause the wind and then also look like reflux (we think Alex is dairy intolerant as his wind is vastly improving while I'm dairy free but not had this confirmed yet).

Sorry if thats not a lot of help but its the list I've been working through with Alex

Hope Neve is happier soon x