Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010

Reasurrance needed!! neve bleeding from vagina and sick!!

hi girls
neve has thrown up all yesterday afternoon and overnights feeds..loads,not projectile,but def not wind,then when i checked her nappy at 9am there was blood in it,just like when she was a couple days old and they get mini period....same amount and in same place so thats how i know it was vaginal.....we had appt at 9.50am for our 6 week check up and dr said throwing up was wind,and wasnt concerned about the blood!!
well all feeds been ok today,then changed nappy about 2.30pm and more blood in it,i thought 'right if i get one more im back to the drs'
then tonight at 5.45 i was breastfeeding her and she threw up loads,she was still on the boob and she covered herself,me ,the sofa and cushion and it was the most forceful yet!!
didnt seem to bother her at all,more me and hubby,i told him im ringing dr.........same dr says it sounds like reflux and prescribed ranitadine....hubby has trawled the villge and no chemist open so driving 15 miles away to asda!!

i said about the blood and dr apologised for being in a rush this am,he says it could be something to do with the hymen tearing.......and wants to examine her properly monday @10.30am...........

shes fast asleep now........but i shouldnt google!!! one place said it could be cancer!!
im terrified now image(((
anyone offer some advice on both issues?

xxxxxxxxx :cry:

Replies

• hi youngmummy.
    thanks for your reply....
    im not a first time mummy,lol....i have a 12 year old!
    and its not the bottle or milk as im breastfeeding..which i think i did mention?
    also......she had a mini period when she was 2 days old...and now she is 6 weeks old,surely it wouldnt go away then start again after all this time?

thanks
  • G/C but just to say, step away from google, chick. Its the devil's playmateimage

I would say 6 weeks is late for the 'mini period' they get. Is there a drop in centre or out of hours GP you could see over the weekend to get some reassurance? Im sure its totally nothing to worry about but the weekend is a long time to wait when u r worried about your baby. I hope she's better soon xx