Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

(Untitled)

adverts!

hi ladies,
have had no chance to get on here hardly now noah is here! am able to use fb on my phone to keep in touch with most of you tho lol! its about time i shared my birth story now tho!!!!

noah was born on the 8th june 2010 at 5am weighing 6lbs13oz
i had a really good labour, noah was born 1hour and 50 mins from established labour
i was starting to get very mild contractions when i woke up on monday, they wernt painful and very weak but i was aware of them, so at around midday i rang the hospital and they just told me to stay at home, but at around 3.30 i wanted to know what was going on so my friend took me to hospital, i was monitered till 5pm then examined, i was 1cm dilated so i went to my mums, she wanted me to sleep at hers as i was 1cm!!! me and my mum arrived back at her house at about 6 oclock, by this time my contractions where getting stronger and comming every 20 mins, at around 7i had a bath to try to ease them....i didnt work, so my mum drove us to my house to pick up my hospital bags and then wentb back to hers, this was about 9pm am contractions every 6mins!
i sat on my mums yoga ball, using it like a birthing ball, it worked for a bit but by 11pm they where every 3-4mins so i rang the hospital and told me to go in, we picked up my friend, (the one that took me to hospital the first time) so she could be there too, i have known her since i was 4 so it was nice lol!!! we got to hospital and put in thev delivery room, a midwife asked a few questions and timed my contractions at every 3 mins, i breathed through them untill 2am tuesday mourning, then was put on gas and air, i took my first breath off gas and air and howled with laughter beyond my control!!!! i felt sooooo funny!!! i got in a warm bath with the gas and air, and quite enjoyed it, it was very relaxing, at around 2.30am i got out the bath and just used gas and air till 3.10am when i buzzed the midwife....i needed an upgrade of pain relief.....at 3.10am she examinded me, i was 4cm in established labour, noah arrived less than 2hours later! i was given a shot of pethidene after examination and it was wonderful, one of the community midwifes who looked after me thru pregnancy was on a shift, saw i was in and came into see me, it was so nice to see her, she stayed with me for a bit too! my mum and my friend where really good too, they stayed with me the whole time!
i was so drozey uptill about 4.30am when i buzzed for the midwife telling her '' i need to push'' she had a look and told me ''babys ready'' she had to break my waters first, and at 4.45am i started to push, it was hard and i kept losing my push, the midwife said if i don't get him out fast they will have to get the doctor as he was getting distressed, panic strucken i gave 3 almighty pushes, and then at 5am, on tuesday 8th june, my little boy was born....he was so perfect!
i remember he did'nt cry straight away and i started to panic and was asking the midwifes why he was'nt crying, but then i heard that little shreek and my baby cry! he was put straight onto my chest and i wouldnt let him go when the midwifes tried to clean him up!
i was moved to post delivery and was taught hopw to breastfeed, it took awhile to learn but we managed and we are still breastfeeding really well!
i stayed in hospital till thursday afternoon then my mum took me and noah to my house!
giving birth to my son was the most amazing expriance in the world!

here is a little update from me and noah
we are doing well so far, we where discharged from the midwifes last friday and the health visitor came on thursday, he weighed him he is now at 8lbs2oz, he was 6lbs13oz at birth!
i can't believe he is 2 and half weeks old already, time has just flown!
breastfeeding is still going really well and i am getting more confident about dong it in public, but in the mothercare store in the town i live there is a feeding and changeing room in the store where you can go sit down and breastfeed your baby in there so its nice to know thats there, i used it today actually lol!!!
sleepinjg is getting better and a routine is slowly comming togehther!
i love everybit of being a mother, and its rewarding watching him grow and put on weight knowing i have done it all on my own!

hope evryone el;se is doing ok with their little ones! can't be many junies left to make an apperance now!

Love Francesca and Noah xXx
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs082.ash2/37446_1509845514265_1478170566_1337881_6042872_n.jpg