Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weight & Oz

Hi Laides

Just curious to know how many oz's your baby takes at each feed and how much they weigh...

Phoebe is now on 6oz feeds, i moved her up from 5 to 6oz bottles on Monday as she had started to finished 5oz bottles and still be looking for food! she now weighs 12lb 7!!!! she is 6+4, i think the oz's are right for her weight but not for her age :/

I can't believe how much she weighs!! she's heavy but still tiny....

Just wondered what everyone else's babies are on..x

Replies

• dont worry about the age when it comes to feeding - its the weight that matters. my HV told me a thing that was spot on when my son was bottle feeding:
    weight in kg x 150 (ml) then divide by number of feeds in a day.

sounds like shes doing well on what youve been giving her! image
  • Hey hun

Tristan lee is 4 weeks (+2) and takes 5oz every 3 hours and he is 9lb 7oz. He put on 1lb 3oz last week!! image He is draining 5oz bottles so i may go to 6oz soon.

Having a greedy baby is all new to me.. my dd didnt ever take 5oz, not even at 4/5 months old lol.

My HV said as he is so tall he is trying to fill himself out and to just go with it! Dont worry she will only take it if she needs it xx
  • it's very confusing isn't it. Rebecca is 8 weeks old today and weighed 10lb 3oz 2 weeks ago, so must be over 11lb by now (she get's weighed and vaccinated today). I've just moved her up to 5oz but she very rarely finishes a bottle in one go. She usually feeds every 2-3 hours during the day and takes at least an hour with a long break in the middle to take what she wants. During her 4.00am feed she'll drain 5oz in minutes and look like she could take more!!
  • hey. my lo is 6 weeks and takes 6oz bottles, will sometimes drain the bottle, other times not but 4/5 is standard for a feed. she goes between 3-4 hours, and once teased me with 5 hours at night! she was 10lb 3oz last week at 5 weeks and has had a growth spurt over the last few days, so im expecting a bit more poundage this week!
  • Erin is on 4 oz of Cow and Gate Hungry Baby and weighs 11lb. Infact for the past few days she has been leaving an oz!! Not too sure if thats something to do with the weather been hot though. xx
  • Bella is 7 +3 and takes 5oz we've changed her from SMA which was making her sick to cow and gate which she is happier with. when born she was 6lb 8 and when weighed last week at doctors 9lb15 i'm sure when i take her next week she'll be over 10lb
  • hi, n

Megan is 6 weeks tomorrow and she tends to feed 3hourly during the day (but i get about 7hrs overnight) she takes 4-5oz each feed but sometimes takes 6oz and other times she will occasionally only take 100mls e.g overnight so i just go with what she wants - she was weighed today and is 11lbs 9oz now....

Lx
  • Harry was 11lb1oz last wed and 3+5, he takes 3-4 oz every 3-4 hours, normally 3 hourly during day and 4 hourly at night. He did start having 5oz but then want well for a few days and he's never got back to 5oz!
  • oh good, thanks for replies, it seems alot of your babies are taking similar amounts, that makes me feel better! she will go 3-4 hrs between feeds day and night.. sometimes she will only take 3 or 4 oz's especially at night, she falls asleep and i cant get her to take anymore some nights, but during the day, particularly mornings she'll easily finish a 6oz bottle, perhaps thats cuz she takes less during the night..x
  • Hi, i was also wondering about this good post ILC, Lyla is 7 weeks old, i make up 5oz feeds for her but she doesnt alwasy finish them, she's only having 4 feeds a day, and sometimes only has a max of 16-17oz per day, i was a bit worried so i went to get her weighed, 2 weeks ago she weighed 10lb 5oz and then when i went on tuesday she only weighed 10lb 3oz so she's lost 2oz, i was really upset as i know they can lose birth weight but didnt think she would lose weight at 7 weeks old image the health vistor told me not to worry as she is happy and healthy, she was smiling her head off at the HV lol but because i know she's a carrier of the cystic fibrosis gene it really panicked me they've told me she's a healthy carrier but i cant help but worry! going to get Lyla weighed again in 2 weeks and they will review it from there! x
  • James is breastfeeding and then having formula top ups of 100ml/about 3.5 oz. He now weighs 9lb 7oz at 5 weeks of age xx
  • George is 7+2 and takes 5oz every 2 - 3hrs he weighs 13lb 5 and a half oz... im trying to get him to take more n go longer but its not happening x
  • Erin is 7 weeks old & 8 and a half pounds, she drinks total of 18-20oz per day in about 7 feedings so not very much per feed. she is following the 9th centile line nicely image
  • Samuel is 3+5 and was last weighed on 19th July when he was 2 weeks old - he weighed in at 7lbs 14oz then. Getting him weighed again tomorrow, but he's definitely put on weight.
    We've been keeping a note of how much he's taking and how often, and we've had days where he's taken as little as 15 fl oz, and we've most recently had days where he's taken between 20 and 25 fl oz, with his biggest day being on Wednesday when he took 27 fl oz, between 3am and 11pm!!!

He usually has bottles of 4 or 5 fl oz, and usually between 3 - 5 hours. I'm sure he's been having a growth spurt though as he's been feeding, then munching for more an hour later, and taking more!!
    Such a little milk monster!!

Good thing is though, the last couple of nights, his last feed has been between 11 and 12, and 2 nights in a row, he's slept til 6am!!! image
    xxx
  • Harry is 5+5 now (OMG where has the time gone). He was weighed on tues at 10lb 9oz so had put on 1lb 1oz in 2wks. He now has 5oz bottles and drains them everytime. He's feeding every 2-3hrs again and he's already had one growth spurt. Have started to give him 1 hungry baby SMA feed to 2 normal SMA feeds which is helping him start to go a little longer between feeds. He isnt constipated or having any other supposed side effects of hungry baby milk so may start to give him 2 hungry to 2 normal. My ds had hungry baby from 4wks old and also had no problems with it. xx