Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010

Don't know what to do...

For the past week or so Lily has been such a pain!
She cries for no reason, sometimes refuses to take her bottle, she takes AGES to get to sleep (this was never a problem before, I would put her in her cot and she'd put herself to sleep), she seems to be sicking up her whole bottle a lot more than usual, she's a lot more sleepy, and when she gets sleepy rather than going to sleep she just screams at me.
I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do, I'm on the verge of breaking down.
She has totally ruined mine and hubby's anniversary (which is today).
PLEASE somebody help!

Replies

• sammy has she had her jabs recently ? H was off for over a week with his even waking in the night again xx or she could have reflux if she is sicking all her bottles and is therefore hungry so more grumpy xx
  • Bless you hun.. i think sometimes when they get to this age and start to become a little more independent, start fighting there naps, refusing feeds etc i know my ds is the same at the moment anyway.

Or it could be colic, trapped wind etc??

Sorry your anniversary was ruined image xx
  • Ah huni I was gonna suggest the same as the others, has anything changed or has she had any jabs? Is she having a bit of a growth spurt and becomming irritable!

Im sorry ur anniversary was ruined hope ur all ok x
  • try some gripe water hun. Maybe shes taking in alot of air when feeding because she needs her teats moving up a size?? could be why shes not feeding too. could be jabs? growth spurt? a lil cold? even teething. early (think Emily is) if ur at a loss hun - call ur HV. **big hugs hun** xxxxx
  • Thanks everyone. She did have her jabs last Wednesday (not yesterday, the Wednesday before), and I think that might have been making her a bit miserable.
    I tried gripe water last night, as she wasn't going to sleep, and it seemed to settle her, but then she kept waking up again after 10 minutes.
    Last night she'd wake up every half an hour since 1:45AM for no reason (she wasn't hungry, because she wasn't crying, she was practically just half waking up and making lots of noise). I've managed to get some extra sleep this morning as my mum took her for a bit, so hopefully I won't be too tired to look after her today!
    Thanks again, ladies.
    xxx