Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Qu for those who had a sweep.

Hi Ladies,
I had my sweep yesterday at 12ish and have had very little symptoms since....however this afternoon i have had some clearish mucus (sorry if TMI) not loads but a few blobs. I am wondering if this is the start of my show or if it might be a lubricant the MW may have used for sweep?
I dont know that she did use a lubricant i just assumed she did, but as what i've had has had no streaks etc does that mean its not my show?
Any thoughts appreciated!

Replies

• I had a sweep just as the midwife broke my waters, so I was in labour anyway, it was just to speed up the process.
    But BEFORE being in labour I did have a clear mucus occasionally.. I assumed it was just vaginal discharge (tmi, sorry), and I guess it was..
    Is the mucus quite constant, or is there only little bits of it?
    Keep an eye out for pink bits in it!
    xxx
  • No its in bits, the only way i can really describe it is like snot, i had some gloopy bits when i wiped but not every time i go to the toilet. Happened twice yesterday afternoon but nothing since image
  • could be either....or a bit of both. not much help I know. Keep an eye on the amount you get then you will know if its not much its the lube if you get lots more its the start of your plug!! Good luck, fingers crossed and plenty of labour vibes your way!! xxxxx
  • Well just had some more, so def think its too much to be any lube from the sweep, is still not streaky though. Please please please let it be the start of something!!!
  • sounds promising! I went into labour Sunday night after having a sweep on Thursday so if it dosnt happen straight away, dont give up hope! Keeping my fingers crossed hun xx
  • hey, it sounds like a really good sign! I had my sweep last monday at 12 o'clock, some gloopy bit came out in dribs and drabs, i started to loose abit of blood abour 5ish.............. my waters then broke a 11pm on the tuesday!

Fingers crossed, its working!

Gemma x