Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How are we all doing?

Hi all!
How are we all doing with our new babies? I am loving it!! I am more relaxed than last time and I am so pleased because breast feeding is going well!!!!!! Yippee! (it was awful with my son - I gave up after a week and was in tears each feed at this point) but I have a very good little girl that is really paitent at latching on well and then feeds great! She is also in a good routine - which I am hoping stays but I bet it won't!! Lol!
My boobs and bum hurt tho and haven't been out yet apart from a docs appointment we had to make. I'm hoping to get out and about today. Altho the weather is crap!
I really must post my bs on due in June but only seem to get a chance to get on here on my phone and Im not typing my whole bs on my phone lol!
Let us know how you are getting on new mummies!!! Ximage

Replies

• Hello ladies,

I'm really struggling tbh, Oscar just won't feed, I feel like a bloomin' dairy cow at the mo, always seemed to be tied to the pump (like now, which is why I'm on here).

He's pretty much having ebm at every feed (with formula top up when I run out) as he'll latch on fine, take 2 sucks and fall asleep.
    Also have some sort of infection on my left nipple so can't even offer that one until I've seen doc this afternoon image
    Other than he sleeps fine and is amazing in every way. Had our first explosive poo this morning, was amusing watching hubby deal with it!!
    We haven't been out either, maybe next week!

Sorry that turned into a bit of a moan, any advice greatly received

Hope all the other new mummies are doing ok
  • Erin isn't feeding or sleeping too well!!!! Only having about 2oz at a time and bring quite abit back with mucus. MW said she has alot of Mucus and that is normal.

Will sleep in the day no probs, infact that is all she does, but put her down in her Moses Basket of a night, and you have no chance at all. Pick her up and she falls asleep. Mentioned to MW and she said it will take time. She is only 2 days old bless her. We are going through Nappies like you wouldn't believe. I am still in shock too be honest. Because my labour was so fast, i haven't had much time for it to sink in that my very much awaited Princess is finally here with me.

Did venture out yesterday and was a very stupid idea. Went to local Precinct by foot which takes about 15 min and walked back and the amount of people that told me off was unbeliveable. I realised that it was very daft when my after pains was getting worse. Won't be going out again until next week.

Hope your all well and Princes and Princesses are being good. Still can't believe i am posting in My Baby was born in June!!! xx
  • Hey girls
    im so happy to finally post in here!!!
    Phoebe is an absolute angel she only cries when she needs somthing which is a godsend with a 3 year old aswell im bottle feeding and she has an ounce every 2 hrs which doesnt seem alot to me but the midwife says its plenty and phoebe is happy so im happy with that. went out for a quick walk today to give my ds some fresh air which was fine but tiring.
    leanne and phoebe 1 day old x
  • we're going ok
    Isabella is a little angle durring the day then between 11-3am she won't settle. she struggles to bring up wind after a bottle is can take upto an hour ti wind her.
    She's only having 2oz a feed the hospital put her on a feeding plan as she wasn't keeping her night feed down, she is at home though so not sure what its about but shes doing ok other than that.

we've not gone out yet as had to have a emergency c section. we're hoping to go out on weekend for a coffee .

• we're going ok
    Isabella is a little angle durring the day then between 11-3am she won't settle. she struggles to bring up wind after a bottle is can take upto an hour ti wind her.
    She's only having 2oz a feed the hospital put her on a feeding plan as she wasn't keeping her night feed down, she is at home though so not sure what its about but shes doing ok other than that.

we've not gone out yet as had to have a emergency c section. we're hoping to go out on weekend for a coffee .

• Hi girls,
    Poppy came in May but seeing as u are my girlies I've been talking to over the months... Can I join in!?
    Poppy was due tomo but as she came early she is now coming
    up 4weeks old... Although is still very plasid and we are not counting the first 2weeks (development-wise) as she was still acting like she was in the womb and we had quite a tough time in hospital!
    We have been out a couple of times with hubby... But am mainly staying in... Coz of germs etc as she is still very tiny!
    Feeding wise... I am reading Gina Ford..,just for the routine really.. But don't intend to follow it word for word.. As some bits are alittle too "hard" for me.
    So Poppy was doing great..in a little routine: 0700,1000-1100,1400,1700,1900,2300 feeds...almost by the clock..then she went through a Growth spurt and fed all over the place and wouldn't settle!

I am soo sooo tired!! I just never imagined the shear extent of tiredness! That is effecting me more then anything! Breastfeeding is going okay.. My nipples are sore from her growth spurt but I've got cream.

I love being a mummy...but am finding it very hard... Understanding what she needs... Posted on May.. Coz feel abit of a rubbish mummy...as I'm soo tired..
  • FandJ i'm in a similar situation to you

Jayden is just refusing to stay latched for more than 10-15mins and then screams bloody murder image

i absolutely adore him and the times when he's awake but calm are the most amazing of my life but i'm really struggling today with the feeding
  • im not finding too bad, its hard sometimes in the night when he wont settle, im on my own so i have no-one to help at night, but we manage and i eventually get some sleep, not really able to get on here much beause noah takes so much of my time....
    he is feeding really well, he is really latching onto the boob and i have started to exprerss now and he has no problem changeing from breast to bottle then back to breast again, he really doesnt care just as long as he gets his din dins!!
    will do a proper update soon, but he is just the best thing that has ever happened to me xx
  • awh its a lot harder than i thought it would be, i cant believe how one person can rely on you for so much. Caleb is doing ok, he was feeding every 3 hours and sleeping in between but it ststred to get a bit irratic with a lot of maoning and groaning, not taking full feeds, waking more reguarly and being very clingy. We took him for his 6 week check up and they think he has acid reflux so gave me some miracle sachets and he slept for 6 hours last night between feeds.............woo hoo. Cause he was early (also meant to be in bim but sticking here if thats ok) he has started to be more alert and can see things around him. he had his first smile the other day which was amazing. He is my world and I just love being a mummy to the wee dude. xx