Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO bottle feeders

hey ladies and babies

just a quick question How many ounces are your LO's taking and how often

Phoebe is taking between 3-4 ounce every 3 hours during the day and 4 hours at night this seems alot to me at 12 days old

Leanne and Phoebe 12 days

Replies

• henry is taking 3-4 ounces every 3-4 hours in day and 4-5 hours night, he is 17 days old, he has gone from struggling to feed and losing weight to being a greedy piggy.

on the milk tub it usually has a rough guid for them to have and what phoebe and henry are having seems normal x
  • My Phoebe is having about the same, I'm worried I'm over feeding her sometimes but she seems hungry all the time! Generally she is about the same as your Phoebe but sometimes she will have 2 or 3, 3 ounce bottles in the space of a few hrs, midwife said she might 'cluster feed' like that sometimes and she will only take what she needs but I still feel like she's getting too much. X
  • ilc does phoebe cluster more in the day and go longer at night as henry does that and hv said it was as i was worried as i was meant to wake him every 3-4 hours at first as he was little, but now i dont have to and can leave him sleeping x
  • Missy Moo has 5oz every 6 hrs. MW said that was fine & if she was hungry she'd wake more. xx
  • ilc does phoebe cluster more in the day and go longer at night as henry does that and hv said it was as i was worried as i was meant to wake him every 3-4 hours at first as he was little, but now i dont have to and can leave him sleeping x

Yes it is more in the day, more so in the morning from when she wakes up around 7am till lunch time she just won't settle and seems to be constantly feeding! X
  • Isabella's 2 weeks today and is having approx 4 oz every 3-5 hours. which midwife put her up to even though she's under the weight guidelines on the tin. On average she feeds at around 2am 6am, 1030am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm.
    We still have to wake her at 5 hours for feeds, i need to check with her HV next week if they still want us to do this.
  • Freya is taking 3-4oz feeds every 3ish hours day and night. She is 11 days today. I keep worrying she is having too much aswell since she is putting on alot of weight but midwife doesn't seem concerned so i'm trying not to be concerned either. What milk is everyone using? We're on aptimil and she is getting constipated every few days, poor mite xx
  • George is taking approx 100mls every 3 hrs in the day at night he takes more but is going bout 6 hrs in the night between feeds x he's 12 days old. Sounds ok to me Hun xx
  • Lily is having about 4oz every 3 - 4 hours.
    I was absolutely horrified at first because on the feeding guide it said she should be having 3oz every 4 hours, but seeing everyone else is feeding about the same, I feel a bit better. :P
    xxx