Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

so in love

I love my baby so much!!! The way her eyes light up when she sees me, her cheeky smile, the way she kicks her legs when she gets excited. I am so in love. I cant believe how upset i was when i found out she was a girl at the scan, i feel so guilty for ever feeling that way. She is amazing, i absolutely adore her!!

sorry this might seem like a pointless post but i just need to share with someone that knows what i mean lol. My OH just makes me feel like a soppy cow :roll:

isnt it amazing that you can hve sleepless nights & stressful days because of this little person but they mean the whole world to you! Im gonna stop rambling now, having a bit of an emotional day. lol. xxx

Replies

• Options
    I know exactly how u feel, when I found out I was having a boy this time I was gutted as i so long for a little girl. It took me a good few weeks to get over the dissapointment but Jacob is now almost 11 weeks old and I wouldnt change him for the all the money in the world!!
    He is a proper mummy`s boy and love the fact that he will only smile and giggle for me at the mo!!!!!

Jeni and Jacob 11 weeks
  • Options
    Awww!! That's so lovely! I know exactly what you mean - I look at her (like now - sitting in her bouncy chair hiccupping!!) and can't believe how I can love the little tyrant so much!! She's my absolute world! x x x
  • Options
    awwwww, thats so sweet - know what you mean. Alex may be a handful but the times he smiles and coos back to me make up for all of that x
  • Options
    Aah, that's so lovely - and you have nothing to feel guilty about, I've 'known' you for a while now and it was only natural after three boys to wonder what you were going to do with a girl!
  • Options
    Aaah!! I feel the same - I also love it when her eyes light up when she sees me, it melts my heart! I still well up when she stares deep into my eyes image

All my child-less friends groan and are all sympathetic when they find out how little sleep I'm getting and how I don't have time for myself but when I tell them it's worth it and I wouldn't have it any other way, I can tell they're thinking 'yeah right!!' They don't understand!!!
    xxx
  • Options
    aw what a lovely post and i totally agree x x
  • Options
    I agree hon, such a lovely post. I love it when James kicks his legs too, like he is dancing! As much as he cries or wiggles or is demanding he is just so precious and wonderful. We are all very lucky to have been blessed with children xx
  • Options
    I agree to! I love doing the night feeds! I know my friends dont believe me when i say that but i do, slightly gutted now she goes from about 10 - 6! I used to love feeding her a night just me and her and she would just gaze at me the whole time and its just melts me!

xxx
  • Options
    aaaw that really made me smile!

also made me remember how much i love my little boy (we are having a rough time with feeds at the moment and i'm getting v angry/frustrated with him)
    it's that moment when he looks grumpy or sulky and i do something silly and he breaks out into the biggest smile complete with adorable chuckles - just love him to bits!
  • Options
    Aaaw what a lovely post!!
    I know what you mean - like now he's in his pram, just woken up from a sleep and he's cooing and kicking his legs around, I love it!! image
    And I know as soon as I peep over the pram he will break into the biggest smile ever!!! image

He may do the smelliest nappies, he may like sicking up milky sick on just me, he may cry out in the middle of the night for a feed, but I just love him soooo much!!!!
    I actually never knew I could feel this much love for someone so small.
    xx
  • Options
    ok i have to post my latest thing about loving my boy because it just touched me...

we had another difficult feed after his bath before bed - he only fed for a few minutes before crying and would only settle sitting upright in my lap. so i kept him there til he had done loads of burps and eventually fell asleep. when i moved to the cot he woke up and wanted feeding again so after loads of fighting he finally took another 7mins then cried again and sat upright for ages before a couple more minutes and falling asleep on my boob (i was standing and holding him vertically - my poor arms) - i was knackered and pretty frustrated with him

anyway i moved him off my boob but was still cuddling him and he suddenly started making the most beautiful smiles in his sleep - so angelic and adorable - then he started chuckling! so he was fast asleep, smiling and laughing image must have been a great dream - totally made my day
  • Options
    Awwww huni thats soooo lovely!!! And please dont feel guilty Im sure at one time or anything we all have thoughts and feelings which are similar!
  • Options
    aaaaaaaaawwwwwww that is so sweet! xxxx