Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011

How many of you are staying team Yellow

Hey ladies,

i just wondered how many of us are actually staying team yellow, so many people are finding out the sex that i just wondered who wasnt. I dont have a choice as they dont tell you up here and if i want to go private i would have to fly to aberdeen or inverness and that would cost nearly ??200 on top of scan price. Although i dont mind what i'm having a part of me would love to know. xxx

Replies

• hey hun....

how odd tht they dont tell u there??

i already got 1 of each but we finding out wot this 1 is so we can sort stuff out and bedrooms etc lol x
  • I'm staying team yellow as i want a surprise.

I have a 3 yr old boy but will be happy whatever we have. image
  • I think we'll stay team yellow. I am so tempted to find out if its a boy or girl only as I have no patience but we're really not bothered either way and the surprise in June will make it all the more exciting!
  • Oh, Elleabis-mum - I meant to add that my friend in Stirling had a baby last year and they also have a policy that they won't tell you the baby's sex. I'm in Edinburgh where they will tell you if you ask. I think the Health Boards must all have different policies xx
  • I'm swithering whether to find out or not, it seems most people I speak to are very anti me finding out but I'd quite like to personalise my nursery and have seen a pram that would only suit a girl. I had the choice of Stirling or Livingston, Livingston tell you if you ask too.
  • I live in shetland and when i had my first 8 years ago they told people then, they dont now although i have heard a few people say that you can ask to see between the legs yourself lol. Dont know if thats a question i would ask tho lol x
  • Hi - we are staying team yellow though it will be hard when I get the amniocentesis results because I know the midwife will have the baby's sex right in front of her!! xx
  • We are!! Want it to be a surprise to everyone so we can decide their name etc when they are born and not prior!
  • Yes we are! We were team yellow when we had our DS & it we both loved having the surprise so we're staying team yellow this time too. I do love guessing though xx
  • It's funny I thought about changing my mind and staying team yellow right before my scan yesterday but then when he asked I said yes. I had always wanted to know but started doubting right before it if I really wanted to know or not. I'm glad I did find out though image Of course now I am being asked what names we're thinking of, and that I am not telling!