Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Half way today!!!!

I cant believe im 20 weeks today already! crazy! How are you lovely ladies doing? i never seem to get 2 minutes to get on here anymore with the girls and work. Hows bumps? Glad to see scans are going well, i dont have mine to the 24th! seems ages away!!!!! LOL

Replies

• i will be 20 weeks on Friday bit then i have my scan Fiday...... Soooooooo excited image

After all the ups and downs i think i am starting to relax and hopefully all going well Fiday i will thoroughly enjoy the rest of my pregnancy including all the spending image

Glad your doing well

x x
  • The half way mark seems kind of scary especially when you think we could have at it anytime past 28 weeks image - quick get everything ready! image
  • aww im jealous im 18wks tomorrow and cant wait, iv always thought after the 20wk mark time flys by with organising and shopping and more appointments and the fact im having a section 2 wks early too, cant wait although i think next 2 wks should go quick iv got my big girls party on sunday as there 5&4 and then on 22nd its my 2dd's real birthday then its my 20wk scan bang on the date i turn 20wk, (1st time my hospital has been that organised) then after that is when il be going on a spending spree to buy lots and lots of blue for our little dude!!!, after having pink for that last 5 and half yrs he's having blue bedding,blue blankets, blue bottles (mam ones i always find the best), blue dummies, blue bibs,blue vests,blue mitts,blue hats,blue booties,blue baby grows...............and i cant wait,lol. xxx
  • I'll be 20 weeks on friday and can hardly believe I'll be half-way through then. The first 12 weeks just dragged but now the weeks are flying by! xx
  • I'm 20 weeks today too image

I'm so excited I really hope the next half goes really fast, I want my little princess to cuddle with image
  • Guys im so glad we have all got here ok, honestly the first 12 weeks are the worst but i do think after 20 weeks the time goes so so so fast, over here we dont get a scan to 22 weeks anyway and im getting it a little early so excited, still not sure wither to find out the sex or just wait, i didnt find out with the girls but i sort of want to know this time because if im honest id love a wee boy and want to get used to the idea of another pink if it is a girl. sounds awful saying that but as this is my last baby i would like a change from pink clothes like funshine! LOL xxx
  • totally agree with you love it doesnt sound bad at all, i think you should find out then you can get used to the idea and ajust to what ever flavor your having, i can definatly understand about wanting to buy blue, im going a bit baby blue crazy if im honest but this little man is our last baby so im allowed to spoil him a tad, xxx
  • I am 20 weeks Friday and honestly can not wait! I can not believe we are half way there! Might do something to celebrate with hubby! I am so pleased for us all ladies and hope the rest of our pregnancies go beautifully! I am also starting to terrify myself with the notion that it might come early and Im not ready. Is thar typical 1st time mummy??
  • Congrataulations on your 20 weeks anniversary!

I am 17 weeks 1 day and am already finding the weeks are flying by. Can't wait to get to 20 weeks and the detailed scan.

Lorraine x
  • Mrs EH both my girls came early, Ellie came 2 weeks early and i was not ready! i had nothing done and i have very fast labours so was lucky to get to the hospital in time!

Have your bag packed from around 30 weeks, i usually start picking things up from the 20 week scan and have everything ready by 30 weeks. xxxx
  • OOOh thanks for that no3bump. I am an compulsive worrier and planner - just can not get the thought out of the back of my head that baby might arrive early and would rather feel ready for that! Thanks for confirming my concern - it does help to know I am not being mental! lol. I told hubby I wanted everything really important ready by week 30, even if we haven't put furniture together etc, I atleast want it in the house! I can't help but think the next 10 weeks will fly. Although, someone said the last 10 weeks drag. Surely better to be sitting ready and put your feet up bored than be frantically running around or unprepared?? I am so torn between waiting and leaving it too long!
  • well i had everything paid for and left in the shop (supersticious mother! LOL) and then once i had Ellie hubby went and collected everything and built cot etc before we got home from hospital. Better to be prepaired than not i say and you never know what happens, my hubbys cousin had her baby at 24 weeks!!!!! he was in neonatal for months but still, i always think its better to be ready. x
  • i normally have everything done bought by 30wks bag packed iv never gone into labour early but its nice to just have to do washing and spend the next 8-9 wks (as i have planned section) relaxing and spending time with the family. xx
  • I like your thinking ladies.. x