Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011

Gatecrashing from DIJuly - anyone here still suffering with morning sickness?

Hi,

I am after some advice if anyone out here still suffering with morning sickness?

Mine comes in waves, it is not constant vomitting, however I am still vomitting once or twice a day recently. I feel so nausious I don't fancy eating anything. I am still loosing weight and am now 16 weeks. I thought I would be gaining by now.

Any tips/advice welcome as I am starting to feel a bit blue... thanks x :cry:

Replies

• I don't really have any advice Roo but yes I still have days where I feel very sick like yesterday and the day before! I'm 18+5 today - unfortunately it is a waiting game, all I can say is that is does improve as I went through a stage where I was sick every single day and that decreased to every other day at about 15w and then less often after about 17w. I have worn my sea bands religiously since week 5 which help to ease it a little. Sorry you're still sick but you should start to feel some relief soon. If it makes you feel any better I have only gained 5lb in the last 3 weeks, 2lb of those just last week. Before that I was the same or losing weight depending on the day and my baby measured an 1oz bigger than normal at my scan Wednesday so it's obviously not doing it any harm image
  • Hi haven't really got any advice either, I'm 19+1 today and still getting the odd sickly feeling that I got at the begining but haven't actually been sick since I was 14/15 weeks. must admit it has not stopped me putting any weight on :roll:

for some ladies it doesn't stop or ease until week 20 and sometimes you can have it all the way through, hope your not one of those though!

take care hope your feeling better soon!!! xx
  • Poor you. Can't really offer any advice either. I am 20 weeks today and still get the odd bout of morning sickness. I had it all day, every day from week 6 to about week 14. Then it seemed to disappear and be replaced with constant hunger/constipation! Haha. I notice I seem to get morning sickness occassionally - like when a week has passed etc. I wonder if it is another change in hormones or a growth spurt?! I must say that learning what you need to eat was vital for me. I found out how much was the right amount to keep hunger at bay i.e. HAVE to eat breakfast before I do anything else I am guaranteed to vomit. Sometimes I think I get queasy because I haven't eaten right amount or at right times or maybe my food intake requirements have stepped up a gear. Just like TTC, you need to listen closely to what/how much your body needs (might be quite different to normal). HTH! x
  • thanks for replies.

I will keep going and try to keep nibbling. I will start wearing my wrist bands again too, I had forgotten about them (I wore them lots when my sickness was constant during the early weeks).

just feeling so blue, sure it is hormones but can't stop crying. I am so happy I am pregnant and know how lucky I am, I just am struggling to feel like this with my 20 month old running round wanting my full attention.

oh dear.

thanks again for kind words x
  • Hi hun, im 17+1 and still throwing up. Actually more now than i did at the beginning.

The hormones deffo send you a little crazy hun. I have a 9 month old and have ended up on anti depressants and diagnosed with pnd. Alot of crying and couldn't give Leah the happy mum she deserves. Talk to your midwife hun x
  • Hi Roo,

I think sickness at this stage is all about learning how to manage your symptoms for you. I am 19 weeks now and have been very sick every day since 6 weeks! I had 3 weeks signed off work and was diagnosed with hyperemesis. I am on quite strong anti sickness medication but still sick between 3-8 times a day!! It's totally miserable but I just have to keep reminding myself that this is for an amazing reward and how lucky iamthat I am pregnant!

Don't get me wrong, I cry all the time but sometimes it helps to put it ini perspective!

As far as weight loss goes, I am currently about a stone lighter than I was when I first got pregnant but my doctor has said that even if my sickness carries on throughout the pregnancy the baby will get what it needs! The only thing to watch out for is dehydration so just make sure if you're having a bad day to drink plenty and you'll be fine

Xxxx
  • Got to admit I've been very lucky and not suffered at all but my step sister had very bad sickness all the way through her pregnancy.

It was especially bad when she ate tomatoes & cheese - but when her son was born and started on solids we found out that he was very allergic to tomatoes & cheese.

Might be a long shot but it might be worth having a look at what your eating and see if it makes a difference

Don't know if it will help but never know?!?