Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011

It's getting more real.....

......as we brought the car seat last night! We got a really good deal on the Britax car seat I wanted as it was 25% off on one of my websites! Really pleased about it as it's a convertable one so will go from new born to 70lb's! I also couldn't sleep last night so from 2am to 5am (as usual) so I got up and I did some reasearch and have narrowed down which pram I'm getting to two and am going to go into Babies R Us to try them out and finalise the decision this weekend - although am buying it from Overstock as they are half price!

Who else is going mental buying stuff???? image

Replies

• Hi BOB and pink bump image

I have been looking at pushchairs but haven't really fell in love with any yet, would love a pramette but as I use the car so much I think a travel system would be more practical?

have been buying nappies, wipes, vests, steriliser, sp? mainly the boring bits as I want to be able to buy some pink or blue stuff after my scan!!

Is overstock a website or is that a daft question, not heard of it before :roll:

xx
  • Hi sweetie, hope you don't mind me G/C. Just wanted to say I'm so pleased all is going well for you and its so exciting starting to buy stuff eh! I'm trying to hold off till my 20w scan, only about 4w to go (and counting!) image

Zxx
  • Hi Z, I'm so gald it's all going well for you too hun, we so deserve to be here after all we've been through - I still can't quite believe it! It is getting exciting but also nerve racking now! image Nearly half way!

Are you going to find out at your scan what colour you are???

Hi Caz, yes overstock is a website, I'm actually not sure if you have one in the UK? I live in the USA now but used to live in the UK. Maybe type in the address and see what comes up for you! www.overstock.com

It sells, as the name suggests, overstock items at discount prices - it's not always cheaper though so worth doing a bit of reasearch on prices. Let me know if you ahve one there!
  • Hi BoB, yes we hope to find out at scan. Can't wait!!! Zxx
  • I am enjoying shopping too! We bought our travel system and car seat - was so exciting and like you say, every little purchase makes it seem a bit more real. x
  • I've been looking but haven't bought anything yet, as thought it was too early but to be honest really itching to spend spend spend now.. x
  • well I had a quick look for 'overstock' website in the uk and it came up with all sorts, even directed me to stuff on ebay!! oh well will have to stick with what I know!!! x
  • Hi Caz. We have the pliko pramette from mamas and papas. Starts as a pram and converts into a pushchair. It has a car seat which attatches to it as well so like a travel system and the car can ve used on an isofix.

We need to get rid of ours as we now need a double tandem buggy.

Seen the one we want but for everything its 890!!!! OMG!!! Scary scary x
  • we went on a shopping spree last night and bought so much,lol. after 3 girls we have alot of the big thinks like car seat cot and stuff but were going crazy for everything blue,lol. xxx
  • We went to Mothercare today to look ate nursery furniture and pushchairs. Think we have decided to go with the Jamestown Nursery Range and the My Choice travel system by Mothercare - all very exciting. Still feel a little strange looking when bump is so small and all the other ladies have massive bumps! Going to wait to Feb half term before we start buying so hopefully bump will be bigger by then!!
  • :lol: oh dear I just ordered my pushchair and rocking chair/glider too - someone stop me!!!
  • rocking chairs are great! we have one in Leahs room. Got it off ebay for ??60 x