Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011

Still feeling pants?

I am 19 weeks this sat with my second and am generally feeling pants!

Morning sickness stopped around 17-18 weeks thankfully (as with my 1st) but I feel generally pants!

I have a constant very dull headache and neck ache, and absolutely shattered as I can't sleep (not because of any bump - I am still small!) but just can't sleep well, often feel dizzy and light headed and have bad lower back ache and just feel a little sicky - hard to explain just generally odd/strange/pants!

I feel little flutters of bean moving (i think he/she is traverse lie.

Anyone else feel like this at all? image

Replies

• Yes basically all of the above! I was crying yesterday as I said to dh I feel completely useless, everything seems like really hard work and I'm not one to sit around and do nothing so it frustrates me even more. I hate complaining though after such a journey to get here and I just try and get on with things - I think we just have to accept that we need to slow down and not expect too much from ourselves.
  • Yes, I am feeling really crap too, I've had to visit the chiropractor twice this week for the backache and shoulder pain which goes up into a headache. Can't sleep either mainly due to the backache and crampy tummy so the tiredness just adds to it. I think it's mainly down to our bodies stretching and moving around and not liking it. I had about 2 weeks when I thought hurray starting to feel better but then went down hill again when I got the flu at xmas. I don't like to moan about it to others either as they probably think I'm just a moany wimp and need to man up. I don't like the fact that you are both unwell but kind of re-assuring that it's not just me. image
  • Urgh I still feel crap too, glad it's not just me!

I am still very sick which is really getting me down! I've only had 4 sick free days since 6 weeks and I am 20 weeks now! I am sick most afternoons, some mornings and every evening after tea and it's depressing!

Luckily the tablets I am taking for my sickness knock me out - I feel for you ladies who aren't sleeping. It must be awful and can make you feel really horrible being tired. I think BOB is right, we just need to rest as much as possible (not always easy I know!!) And sometimes a good cry works wonders!

We will all be blooming soon and in our energy filled nesting stage xxx
  • When is the "blooming" stage meant to officially start? I thought we wre supposed to be into it already..so if it's not at least it's something to look forward to/hope for..