Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nursery Furniture

Hi ladies, so now we've had our 20 week scan (team blue, hurray) we feel more confident about thinking about nursery furniture. We've agreed we'll get a good quality cot (obviously) but neither of us are bothered about it matching or being specifically nursery furniture and we're thinking of getting a normal chest of drawers plus a normal wardrobe for the room. My question is re the changing mat. Are they all universal size and can you just buy one that would attach on top of the chest and be taken off later?

Cheers

Replies

• I think the soft changing mats are more or less the same size but you'd need to get a wooden top to sit on the chest of drawers, and their dimensions will differ. There's also the option of the changing trays that sit on top of the cot.

We ordered nursery furniture from the Babies R Us website at the weekend - they've got a half price sale on so its worth a look!! Got the Shoreditch cotbed ??200 down to ??100 and the matching changing unit for ??60. Mattress was ??70 instead of ??140 so I'm delighted with our bargains image

We've got a built in wardrobe so only need a chest of drawers now and will probably just get a cheap one from Ikea.xx