Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Owy! Oof! Owwy! Ooof! Aches, leg cramps etc

My bump is just starting to pop out. This is causing me no end of trouble! I am now getting leg cramps all night, driving, through the day. My back is agony. The skin around my belly button is all strecthed and uncomfy (I feel an outtie coming on!) I am getting aches around my rib cage. I feel as though I want to 'let my tummy go' like after a big meal but I am relaxing it. The skin just doesn't seem to strecth enough. Sob. It is actually really uncomfy and I am wondering what on earth I will feel like at 30 odd weeks and as this bump gets bigger?! Ppl keep telling me my bump is tiny (I am a size 6) but it feels ginormous to me. Anyone else?

Replies

• Options
    Yup! I get cramp in my legs quite easy anyways but it's so much worse, when I have a little stretch in bed my leg just freaks out and cramps up, thankfully i've not had it whilst driving tho! (did get it in my toe once pre pregnancy, not fun lol)

I've been using palmers tummy butter and my extra strong cream from the docs that I have normally for my legs but now using for my tummy every night and I do feel a little less tight after using it but half the time it does feel like my tummy is actually going to explode and i'm just really not sure how it's going to keep in growing over the next 18 weeks!! image

I think i'd actually kinda like my belly button to pop out lol as I associate it with a pregnant tummy but also i'm hoping it might stop her from poking me in the belly button from the insde as it just feels strange :lol:
  • Options
    Belly buttons are just weird generally! Hehe. I've been using shea butter on my belly but aside from smelling yummy I don't feel any less stretched. Boo. Am finding it a job to lower myself into the bath too. Very un-sexy! Haha
  • Options
    hi! have only had cramp in my leg once so far and it didn't last long thank god!!

as for belly buttons, mine is already a sticky outy!! and has been since about 12/13 weeks. it looks like a third nipple it's that big :lol::lol:

I am finding in hard to get comfy at night and keep waking up but the loo trips have defo reduced!!

oh the joys ladies!! xx
  • Options
    i feel your pain as my little man must be laid right under my belly button as its turning to an outy and is rock solid and hurts a tad. xx
  • Options
    Oh the things we do ladies! I feel silly saying to ppl that I am really uncomfortable, but I am! I am thoroughly enjoying being pregnant and generally just keep going but am suddenly really tired and lacking energy again. Feel so stiff and stretched!