Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I'm huge!!!

Hi girls

Just wondering if anyone is feeling huge. The last couple of weeks I've start to feel huge and very front heavy.

I'm only 5'1 so I know I've got less room in there than say someone who is 5'10 but its getting me down a bit.

I've started getting people asking when I'm due and when I say I'm 22 weeks (23 weeks on friday) they look at me and I feel like they're thinking god she's put on a bit. I've even had a woman ask me whether I'm having twins??? Which I'm not.

I just feel like I'm not going to be able to move by the time I hit 30 weeks plus.

I got on the scales and have put on about a stone...is that normal? I'm not over eating and eating lots of fruit and veg???

Maybe I'm being silly but I always thought I'd like the look of myself when I was pregnant but I really don't. And I'm not saying its not worth it as I will have a beautiful daughter at the end of all this but I hate feeling so big!

Anyone else feeling this way?

Replies

• Ah take no notice of what people say, I don't think they actually realise what they are saying.

every body blossoms differently in pregnancy so don't take it too much to heart, if your eating healthy then don't worry.

when I was pregnant with ds I put on 3 and a half stone!! mind you I did eat for 2 :roll: image

but after he was born it didn't take long to come off, even though I wasn't trying!!

it's all part of the package, as long as you and baby are doing okay then just take it as it comes.

are you wearing all maternity clothes? I ask because sometimes I wear my leggings and some jumpers that are not maternity and I always feel and look bigger??

chin up hun it will all be worth it at the end image xx
  • hey chick, im foot tall so know exactly how you feel. By 40 weeks with dd I was 50 inches round my belly!!! I was mahoosive! (have a look on my pics on facebook and i have a pic from my due date)

Just ignore what ppl say. When you are pregnant pp feel they are entitles to comment on you like its their right! They were always telling me i am massive and am i sure its not twins or triplets?? For women who are smaller, ppl used to ask then where the baby was hidden, are they sure they are pregnant etc etc etc

they just cant help themselves and you hear the same thing over and over and over....

Its well worth putting the weight on for the beautiful bundle you get at the end. I have the worst stretch marks (from really low down right up to my boobs and really purple. Got me down last time but they faded and i lost the weight but ive still got my daughter who loves me regardless and my hubby who does too! x
  • I feel like I am bigger but not in the right places, I wld love to have a big bump i have put on a stone also but most has gone to my boobs and bum, i was at a pub quiz the other day and people didn't even realise I was pregnant til I started talking about buying baby things and they were like are u pregnant?! And looked quite shocked. I had worn a tight top tto show off my bump but just look kind of chubby still and I'm 20 weeks today imageI just want to finally look pregnant lol x

Yeh I get that cossa esp at wrk ppl ask where the baby's hiding I told a patients mum I was pregnant and she was shocked and sed u don't look pregnant I never would have guessed I can't believe ur 20 weeks! So I think whatever size u are u will get comments there is no perfect size to be.
  • I feel the same as you vicki - I'm only 5ft3 and have a short body (have long legs for my height - or so I have always been told) so like you there is nowhere for it to go but out and I wonder how I will be able to roll out of bed in a few weeks time! I already struggle to get out of the bath and last night dh had to help me off the sofa - he came back in the room and said 'I'm coming to get you', I though bl**dy H*ll and I'm only just past half way!!!! I've put on about 9lb in total so not quite a stone but I'm sure I'm not far behind you as I'm not eating too well at the moment I think I'm making up for the weeks where I was so sick! I too thought I would love being PG and how I look but I put on my maternity clothes and think eeehhhmmm! Oh well I think it's just part and parcel, and you know what we should just do what all the stars do and flaunt our lovely PG's!!! image