Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

SPD anyone?

Just wanting to moan really, i've started suffering with SPD over the last few weeks.

Initially i thought maybe i'd pulled a muscle or something when decorating, but it's not gone away, and if anything got worse.

Midwife confirmed today it's SPD, which i didn't have last time luckily, but i'm worried if it's started this early, how much more painful it's going to get as bubs gets bigger! :S

Has anyone else had/have this? How did you cope?

Replies

• hi hun, i havent got it this time yet, although i do have sciatica image

SPD is horrible and it differs from person to person. I didnt have it majorly bad last time but i struggled to walk without pain and everyone used to take the mick out of hobbling along and sleeping in bed was the worst as everytime i moved i woke up in pain. i found a big pregnancy pillow helped a little .

if it gets bad you can get a support brace and also crutches if its severe but hopefully it wont get that bad.

on the good side though, it does go the secons you give birth!! x
  • i had this last time, i got a belt from physio which really really helped.i had to put it on before getting out of bed in the morning an wear it all day otherwise i was in agony, they say it gets worse with each pregnancy but touch wood, i havent had it yet with this one but i am only 19 weeks. Go to physio and get a belt, i promise it really does help. hope it doesnt get too painful, x