Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Measuring a bit small - should I be worried?

Hi, I had a midwife appointment this morning only it wasn't with my usual lady as she was on hols so it was a stand in midwife who wasn't as good. She measured my tum with a tape measure and said I was measuring at just 20 weeks so a bit on the small side as I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow.

The baby was measuring within the normal range at my scan last week as far as I know and the midwife today did say that because I was slim to start with (size 8 ) it was to be expected that I had a smaller bump. Should I be worried about this or is it likely that things will catch up later on? :?

Replies

• hey hun, please dont be worried! Measuring the bump isnt very accurate as the way the baby is lying etc can affect the measurement. I was measuring 3 weeks smaller with dd at 1 stage and then the next time they measured i was spot on!

• Oooh, I don't know but I wouldn't worry. I have a teeny tiny bump too but baby was measuring perfect at 20 week scan. I am sure all is ok and baby is just snug in there! x
  • Thanks ladies! Cozza, I did wonder at the time how accurate it really was. xx